+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal by Post

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
My PR Card has been renewd & status shoes it is approved & i will get a letter within 4 weeks to pick up the card from local CIC office. I am not sure they will Mail the Card or I have to go & pick up the Card. Has anybody recieved card by Mail, do they send by Express post or Courier? As I may be travelling , can My wife recieve the Card.?
Regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Recent info says that 90% of renewed cards are mailed while a random 10% is picked out to be collected personally at a CIC office. If you have to go to the CIC office for yours, you must come in person.

kikizhong

Jul 18, 2012
i have the same situation as you. I sent my daughter's application with mine, but i received her PR card last friday by mail. I checked on line today, there shows my case is decision made, my daughter's case is completed. when i click the status, the notice about mine and my daughter's are exactly the same. it shows:we received your letter on JUL 5th, we processed your application on JUL 6th, your PR card was approved. I will receive a notice of letter in four weeks and invite to pick up in closest office. So i don't know if i have to pick up from office, because the mailed my daughter's but the status on line also shows she will receive a letter to pick up from office. So what is your status?

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
KiKizhong,
I am still waiting for any further Mail from CIC. So, you recieved your Daughters Renewed PR Card by Ordinary Canada Post Mail or X Press ( Registered) Post. May be you will also get your Card also in Mail in few days time.

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Kikizhong,
Can you please clarify about PR Card for your Daughter? Did you recieved it by Ordinary Mail or Registred Mail ( X Press ) Post?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be sent by regular mail.

sm2312

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Mine was approved on July 6th and I am still waiting.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ranjan05 said:
How much time it takes before we get PR card by Mail. Mine was approved on 13th July.
1. Well the processing time is 71 days from when they receive it. So if it was approved, you are probably just looking at mailing time. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Recent info says that 90% of renewed cards are mailed while a random 10% is picked out to be collected personally at a CIC office. If you have to go to the CIC office for yours, you must come in person.
So thats why when I went online to check the status of my PR card the message said that within 4 weeks I would receive a letter to inform me from where to get my PR card :(. Is that what I get for paying 50 dollars to get it ;D

When I applied 2 years ago they sent back saying that the photo does not match their requirmernt, and I just came back to the country to settle.