+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card regulations

MR. Anton

Nov 14, 2010
Hello,

I landed to Canada in July 2010, I received PR cards for me and all my family members after 45 days Except for my daughter (under the age of 14).
I had to travel back with my family to my home country due to some family issues, and I'm planning to fly with my family back to Canada by July 2011.
Now, I received a letter saying that the photo for my daughter is rejected and they have scheduled an appointment for her to resubmit the photos personally with the correct specification within 180 days from the dated letter (which is 12 Nov. 2010).
Actually, we will not be able to fly back to Canada before Next July (that will be more than 180 days).

- Is my daughter will still eligible to land in Canada Next July or she must fly back to Canada before the 180 days are finished?
- Can I apply for a PR Card for her after the period of 180 days is finished?
- Is Travel document the only way for her to fly back to canada? and is it a valid method for her case?

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MR. Anton said:
Hello,

I landed to Canada in July 2010, I received PR cards for me and all my family members after 45 days Except for my daughter (under the age of 14).
I had to travel back with my family to my home country due to some family issues, and I'm planning to fly with my family back to Canada by July 2011.
Now, I received a letter saying that the photo for my daughter is rejected and they have scheduled an appointment for her to resubmit the photos personally with the correct specification within 180 days from the dated letter (which is 12 Nov. 2010).
Actually, we will not be able to fly back to Canada before Next July (that will be more than 180 days).

- Is my daughter will still eligible to land in Canada Next July or she must fly back to Canada before the 180 days are finished?
- Can I apply for a PR Card for her after the period of 180 days is finished?
- Is Travel document the only way for her to fly back to canada? and is it a valid method for her case?

Thank you and I appreciate your help.
1. The TD is pretty well the only way she will get back to Canada. Once she arrives, if it is after the 180 days, you will have to apply for a new PR card for her and pay the fees.

MR. Anton

Nov 14, 2010
Thank you for your quick reply.

I have just one more question.
When I apply for TD for her, how will I count the days for her? cause we just landed this year and she will never meet the criteria of 730 days out of the last 5 years.
or she will fall under Humanitarian and Compassionate considerations?

Please advise.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MR. Anton said:
Thank you for your quick reply.

I have just one more question.
When I apply for TD for her, how will I count the days for her? cause we just landed this year and she will never meet the criteria of 730 days out of the last 5 years.
or she will fall under Humanitarian and Compassionate considerations?

Please advise.
If you and your family "landed" July/10 and going to return in July/11 there is no problem, she would have been outside Canada only 1 year and she would just have to remain for 2 years in the next 4.

ZEINA.KHOURY

Sep 22, 2010
Dear Mr. Anton,
I would like to ask you plz 2 questions because my brother's case is similar to yours.
1- Where did u land? in Toronto or qubec or where?
2- What did the letter say exactly? Plz type the text. did it say that ur daughter needs to come again to their office and they will take her photo or just that she has to submit a photo?
Thnx

chiri9

Jul 6, 2009
Dear Mr. Anton,
i want to ask you similar kind of qest., i landed on april, 2009 just for 36 day, during the period we all received PR card and SIN card, after that we came back to our home country. Now permanently we are going back to canada around inbetween 20-30 March, 2011. This time we are migrating permanently by leaving India and finishing all our responsibility ie. sale out flat, closing bank account etc. Now i want to clear my doubt, for landing at Canada should i fillup any form or any document or anything is require ? as per my knowledge once if you have valid PR card then no need for any other thing. Request you all if anybody have anything related this then kindly reply me or reach me on chiri9@gmail.com URGENTLY.

MR. Anton

Nov 14, 2010
ZEINA.KHOURY said:
Dear Mr. Anton,
I would like to ask you plz 2 questions because my brother's case is similar to yours.
1- Where did u land? in Toronto or qubec or where?
2- What did the letter say exactly? Plz type the text. did it say that ur daughter needs to come again to their office and they will take her photo or just that she has to submit a photo?
Thnx
Dear ZEINA,

I replied to all of your questions at your personal account.

MR. Anton

Nov 14, 2010
chiri9 said:
Dear Mr. Anton,
i want to ask you similar kind of qest., i landed on april, 2009 just for 36 day, during the period we all received PR card and SIN card, after that we came back to our home country. Now permanently we are going back to canada around inbetween 20-30 March, 2011. This time we are migrating permanently by leaving India and finishing all our responsibility ie. sale out flat, closing bank account etc. Now i want to clear my doubt, for landing at Canada should i fillup any form or any document or anything is require ? as per my knowledge once if you have valid PR card then no need for any other thing. Request you all if anybody have anything related this then kindly reply me or reach me on chiri9 @ gmail.com URGENTLY.
Dear Chiri9

As far as I know, you should declare all your money and your belongs that you are planning to take with you to CANADA at your first entry (april, 2009) and it will be vailed to bring all within one year from the date of your first entry.

You don't have to fill up any documents as long as you have a valied P.R.

Best wishes,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, there is no time limit for a settler to bring his/her money and personal belongings to Canada.

See this older post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t58096.0.html

tran

May 10, 2009
How come you guys need to come back to Canada to
hand in your new photos for your PR card personally?

I have received a letter from CIC Calgary regarding the
submission of new photos for PR card.

The contents of the letter clearly stated that I can mail
the new photos to them.

Extract from the letter below:

"You may mail your new photos or visit the Citizenship & Immigration
Canada office in Calgary at the below address:

Open Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 9:00a.m. and 3:00p.m. "