+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD PROCESSING TIME OTTAWA OFFICE

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
The Montreal thread in this forum were facing the same issue and recently went to CTV news about it
https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/montreal/2021/8/3/1_5532385.html
Now that office seems to be moving along with their cards. I would be up for doing the same thing here for the Ottawa people. It might gain some traction for us given they might not want any negative news articles during the election.
Good idea although i dont think anything would work. I dont get it honestly, waiting for PR makes sense because there is lots of background and documents checks to do but like waiting for a PR card 6 months or more is ridiculous...it's just a card that needs to be printed there is no processing to do...so frustrating

subratgbhadra

Feb 9, 2021
It seems like there is no fixed timeline for people who have applied for PR card via post. I know many folks who are waiting since Jan 2021 and have not received their card. Since a lot of people are curious to know the process and timeline, I have created a WhatsApp group so that we all can keep ourselves updated.

Please note this group is meant for people who have sent their photos for PR card via post.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FPe2pNjDdhu2afi0RbmQ2q

DreamCanadian2020

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-10-2020
Our photos were delivered on March 24th, today is 156th day. No updates.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
The journey has been completed today ! PR Card Received.

Photos sent end of March to Ottawa office. All other details in signature (if you are browsing on phone or without logged in, you can click on my name profile and see the signature if you want.)

All the best everyone, hope you get your cards soon!!

subratgbhadra

Feb 9, 2021
The journey has been completed today ! PR Card Received.

Photos sent end of March to Ottawa office. All other details in signature (if you are browsing on phone or without logged in, you can click on my name profile and see the signature if you want.)

All the best everyone, hope you get your cards soon!!
Hi there, congratulations. Can you please let me know if it was your 1st pr card or a renewal request?

Thank you

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
COPR - 20th March 2021
Photos mailed - 24th March 2021

It's been over 5 months now and I'm still waiting on the card. This is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

ramgr123

May 4, 2021
I finally got an update today, that my application has been approved and the CARD will me mailed and may take up to 6 weeks to receive the card.

COPR and Photo was received by Ottawa office on April 22, 2021.
Got approved after 4.75 months

Reactions: Didi01 and Aman1212

ramgr123

May 4, 2021
I finally got an update today, that my application has been approved and the CARD will me mailed and may take up to 6 weeks to receive the card.

COPR and Photo was received by Ottawa office on April 22, 2021.
Got approved after 4.75 months
So, today I got my Physical Card in mail. Its amazing that they shipped it next day after updating my IRCC account.

Reactions: Didi01

Gh325165

Nov 27, 2018
So, today I got my Physical Card in mail. Its amazing that they shipped it next day after updating my IRCC account.
That's awesome news, congrats on the card!
Can someone explain how it's possible that someone who had sent in their photo approximately 1 month later got their card first?

Is there anyone else here who's still waiting on their card from March?
People got plans, travelling to do. The fact that there is zero communication is absolutely frustrating and reeks of incompetence.