frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Our photo got rejected too!!! We received the email yesterday! Pr photo and canadian citizen passport photos are the same, right??

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
I'd like to know if your application war returned on ground that the pictures didnt meet the spefications or if you were told to send new pictures with new spefications to make your application complete.
Apparently you application was not returned for that, i realized i sent pictures with the old specifications.

Reactions: Flexmax

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Guys it's been a month since CIC received my new photos (which were sent after receiving a letter rejecting the ones submitted on landing) and no PR card received yet, is this normal? What's the average time for receiving the PR card after receiving the new photos?

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Guys any view on my last question?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Guys it's been a month since CIC received my new photos (which were sent after receiving a letter rejecting the ones submitted on landing) and no PR card received yet, is this normal? What's the average time for receiving the PR card after receiving the new photos?
It depends on the volumes they're processing. Did you include a cover letter? I was advised to include it, I received my kid’s card in 2 weeks after submitting the new pics. I don’t know how much it helped, if at all. It may be useless. I suggest you call for a status report.

All the best

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
I have almost similar situation. Luckily me and my wife PR cards have been issued. But they rejected my son and daughter photos. But during that time I already left Canada, so I took the photograph again from local studio and sent to my sister address in Canada and she mail with tracking number to CIC. It has been now 40 days since they received, My plan is to move back Canada in January with my family and I am hoping in the mean time CIC will send my daughter and son PR card without further problem.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi all,

My wife just received an email from CIC saying that her photo does not meet the required specifications. I am the primary applicant and it looks like they accepted mine as I haven't received any email. We had our photos taken at the same place at the same time and don't know what the problem is with her photos. The important point is that in the letter it says if she doesn't provide the right photos in 30 days, her application will be considered cancelled. We did our short landing in October and were waiting for our PR cards in a few week but just received this email (attached below) today.

My questions are.

We have only one place (Walgreens) that takes Canada passport pictures in our town.

1. Should we drive to the nearest city and get more photos and then send all sets of photos to CIC just to be on the safe side?
2. But if we send more than one set of photos, will it cause any problem?
3. If we send the photos from the US (not from the Canada address we provided when we landed), can it be a problem?

Please advice. Thank you

(The letter my wife received is below)

"This letter is to inform you that your Permanent Resident (PR) Card cannot be issued without a compliant/acceptable photo. The photograph provided does not meet the required specifications. It is therefore impossible to produce the card until you provide the following:

You must send: Two (2) new photos Your photos must meet the specifications set out in the attached document.

If we do not receive the requested information within 30 days of the date above, your application for a permanent resident card will be considered cancelled."

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like a lot of rejections on photo specifications, of late. Have a couple of questions in this regard:
  • What would be the result if the photos reach them post 30 day period they have given?
  • What would happen if the new photos do not conform to the specifications too? ( I have no idea what went wrong with the old ones as they looked perfect)
  • Is it ok if the photos are sent from outside Canada, directly to them? IN this case, I may have to attach a copy of the letter they have sent and not the original.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BUMP!

I did send the photos but in doubt if they'd reach within the 30 day timeline. Want to know what would be the consequences for any delayed delivery of the photos.

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
in exactly the similar situation , i have got the mail for myself only not for my kid or my wife... we got hem clicked at the same place ... should i send only my pictures or for three of us?? can anyone help on this case???

Jun 19, 2017
in exactly the similar situation , i have got the mail for myself only not for my kid or my wife... we got hem clicked at the same place ... should i send only my pictures or for three of us?? can anyone help on this case???

Hi I also got the photo req for myself and my husband but not for my kids.But I attached photos of my kids alongwith mine.I am not sure whether I did right or wrong.Do you have any idea when we can get our cards as per trend?

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
Further update on the situation, I did not recieve and email for my kid but they rejected the photos for him as well... Sending the letter to my Canadian address, now I have send their pictures as well, let's see what happens...

drjainvishal

Dec 12, 2011
If anyone reading from Ahmedabad, Gujarat
DO NOT GET YOUR PHOTOS CLICKED FROM THE VPS CENTER GUY IN AHMEDABAD...
Reason is he has a point and shoot camera and lighting is not proper.. it's a hit and miss case with him.. we got it clicked thinking that's it's inside the CENTER complex so he must be knowing it all.. but not true.. take care

Farah B

Jan 18, 2018
Hi

My photos has been rejected twice for PR Card even though I took them following the instructions. Has anyone here had their photos accepted for PR card and if they can kindly please let me know where they got their photos taken. I now have to update all my forms again as it's past 90 days. My photos were taken at Shopper's Drug. Kindly please help.