+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card photos not asked for at immigration. Anyone with similar experience

harmonika

Jun 26, 2017
hi all,
Thanks for all your support and guidance.. we landed yesterday and process went smooth.

However we realised very late that the immigration officials did not ask for photos for PR card.
Will they be using the photos pasted on our COPR ?

Any experience or recommendations please.

Cheers
Harmonika

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hi all,
Thanks for all your support and guidance.. we landed yesterday and process went smooth.

However we realised very late that the immigration officials did not ask for photos for PR card.

Cheers
Harmonika
1. Use the photos on your COPR.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
hi all,

Cheers
Harmonika
Yes, this happened to me as well and the outcome was very frustrating. I got a letter after two months requesting photos for the PR card which again takes two months; for a total of 4 months.

I am pretty sure that the request to resend the photos was because of missing photos and not because of incorrect photo specifications since
(1) In the letter requesting new photos they made no mention of what was wrong with the photo; simply that I should resend two new photos.
(2) I went to the same photo studio the second time and they used the same setup; but this time the photos were accepted.

saskapr2015

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017 submitted on 14-02-2017
Nomination.....
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015 (CIC File)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No mail
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)
Yes, this happened to me as well and the outcome was very frustrating. I got a letter after two months requesting photos for the PR card which again takes two months; for a total of 4 months.

I am pretty sure that the request to resend the photos was because of missing photos and not because of incorrect photo specifications since
(1) In the letter requesting new photos they made no mention of what was wrong with the photo; simply that I should resend two new photos.
(2) I went to the same photo studio the second time and they used the same setup; but this time the photos were accepted.
Were you inside or outside Canada when the photographs were requested?
And did you have to ho and personally submit the photographs or u hd sent through post?
And how many days you were given to submit?