+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card on landing - the catch 22

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somebody in this forum said that they were able to see thier new address on eCas or somewhere online.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
nix1 said:
Thanks PMM, Karlshammar, and Toby!

I called the number provided by PMM and was able to get through (after about 10 minutes hold). I told him what I was seeing on eCAS and he told me that their system and the eCAS system are different and I may have correct address already on their system. Anyway, he asked my Canadian address and I provided that to him and he told me that cards will be mailed to that address and the cards are in production.

I also asked him if that address was already on his system and he said Yes. Still curious how others were able to see their current address by going to eCAS and I was not able to see that?
on ecas I still can see my foreign mailing address, though all my COPR was written on Canadian address. even at POE the officer confirmed my Canadian address. now I am really confused.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
nix1 said:
Somebody in this forum said that they were able to see thier new address on eCas or somewhere online.
do you mean using Client ID & B # or something else?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try calling the call centre. eCAS cannot be trusted for address information.

Suin said:
on ecas I still can see my foreign mailing address, though all my COPR was written on Canadian address. even at POE the officer confirmed my Canadian address. now I am really confused.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Karlshammar said:
Try calling the call centre. eCAS cannot be trusted for address information.
thank you, Karlshammar. we'll try to contact them and see what they say.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
do you mean using Client ID & B # or something else?
Yes, I used Client ID, B # and Doc # and all of them return my US address. But as you may know, my wife and kids already received their PR cards in Canada, so I am guessing that they have my Canadian address on the system.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is really only supposed to work when you have a pending in-Canada application. Since the PR card does not show up there it might not have any connection.

rb.emailme said:
Well, after reading the responses looks like changing address on ecas doesn't help much.

rb.emailme

Mar 18, 2008
Tried the number 1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message) using the home phone but at the very end when it is supposed to transfer to an agent..the auto message says it cannot transfer to agent as the agents are busy and hangs up ! wierd !
Mr Murphy was right with his law !
Is there an email address that we could use for verifying our address for mailing PR card or to know the status of PR Card ?

Thanks a lot and a happy new year.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it always say that or have you tried only once? I think you should try again. Try around noon eastern time or earlier, maybe around 11 am.

rb.emailme

Mar 18, 2008
Well.. i tried multiple times on the same day but around 2-3 est..also may be this is the last week in Dec so the cic may have short hours ..not sure...secondly , during the call when it asks to input the Client ID # we put in our Client ID as it appears on COPR however the automated message says the client ID is invalid ..Hows that possible ??
but i'll keep trying next week !
In the mean time if anybody has info on the email address than pls help..

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure you include the dash in the client ID number; the client ID is always ####-#### .

rb.emailme said:
Well.. i tried multiple times on the same day but around 2-3 est..also may be this is the last week in Dec so the cic may have short hours ..not sure...secondly , during the call when it asks to input the Client ID # we put in our Client ID as it appears on COPR however the automated message says the client ID is invalid ..Hows that possible ??
but i'll keep trying next week !
In the mean time if anybody has info on the email address than pls help..

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the above mentioned number twice and I was able to talk to somebody both times. Of course, I called about 10AM Mountain Time. I think they close at 4PM Eastern Time. I called the number and followed their instruction instead of pressing all the options continuously.

When I entered my Client ID # using my Blackberry, it did not recognise. But when I used my wife's normal Motorola phone, it worked. I also used my work desk phone (old style) and it worked. As far as I know, the client ID does not have dash. But I am too lazy to go look at my COPR at the moment.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This link gives your more than one way to contact them, but I would still try to talk to somebody on the phone to make sure they have the right address:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/common/contact_us-en.asp?lang=eng