+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card not received after 10 months

AliTalia

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

I received my confirmation of landing in April 2020 (all interviews were cancelled due to COVID-19). I sent my pictures and my CoPR as requested in order to receive a PR card.

I assumed it would take longer than usual, but not 10 months. Other people who received their PR status after me, have received the PR card after 2-3 months.

I have contacted IRCC endless times through the call centre, the webform, and I requested an ATIP.

the ATIP file read "errors at card production"

I would love to hear what these errors were and if there is anything I can do to address them.

I also wrote to my MP, who contacted IRCC, and IRCC responded that "after an analysis of your client's file, we concluded that more information is needed and we sent a request to the office in charge".

I am not sure if more information is needed from me- every time I called the call centre I asked if they need more documents from me and they told me everything was in order. So I don't know what they mean with "more information"

I did not hear from them since (that was mid April).

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do/say and to whom in order to get my PR in the near future? I cannot justify a 10 month processing times for a piece of plastic when other people are getting it in a reasonable time having applied after I did. I am hesitant to go abroad without a PR card because I am not sure what the processing times for a PRTD would be. I cannot afford being stuck abroad for months.

Thank you for any leads!

Cacenaves

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hello,

I received my confirmation of landing in April 2020 (all interviews were cancelled due to COVID-19). I sent my pictures and my CoPR as requested in order to receive a PR card.

I assumed it would take longer than usual, but not 10 months. Other people who received their PR status after me, have received the PR card after 2-3 months.

I have contacted IRCC endless times through the call centre, the webform, and I requested an ATIP.

the ATIP file read "errors at card production"

I would love to hear what these errors were and if there is anything I can do to address them.

I also wrote to my MP, who contacted IRCC, and IRCC responded that "after an analysis of your client's file, we concluded that more information is needed and we sent a request to the office in charge".

I am not sure if more information is needed from me- every time I called the call centre I asked if they need more documents from me and they told me everything was in order. So I don't know what they mean with "more information"

I did not hear from them since (that was mid April).

Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do/say and to whom in order to get my PR in the near future? I cannot justify a 10 month processing times for a piece of plastic when other people are getting it in a reasonable time having applied after I did. I am hesitant to go abroad without a PR card because I am not sure what the processing times for a PRTD would be. I cannot afford being stuck abroad for months.

Thank you for any leads!
You got your Pr card ?? I am in a very similar situation ..
thanks

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
I am facing same issue, is there any update about your card ?.
How long has it been for you? Did you call them? I landed end of February and received mine within 2 months.
You need to call IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100. After confirming your UCI, press Et confirme li wap prese sou 3-3-2-0 and you will be transferred to an agent.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Maple bonbon Sirop

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
How long has it been for you? Did you call them? I landed end of February and received mine within 2 months.
You need to call IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100. After confirming your UCI, press Et confirme li wap prese sou 3-3-2-0 and you will be transferred to an agent.
Hope that helps.
Hello, thanks for the reply
I landed in july 2021 its been almost 10 month
I am calling ircc on the same number ,but no one picks up the phone, i am always trying to call at different times
Is there another number to call ?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hello, thanks for the reply
I landed in july 2021 its been almost 10 month
I am calling ircc on the same number ,but no one picks up the phone, i am always trying to call at different times
Is there another number to call ?
That’s the number to call. You have to press the numbers I gave you after entering and confirming your UCI number

Maple bonbon Sirop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Haiti
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-02-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
Hope that helps.
Hi Ayeetee,

Nice to see you got your cards so fast! Have you done something special a part from providing the address to deliver the cards while landing.

Thanks again for you valuable advice :)

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Hi Ayeetee,

Nice to see you got your cards so fast! Have you done something special a part from providing the address to deliver the cards while landing.

Thanks again for you valuable advice :)
I have the same question.
I landed on 8th May 2022 and provided the address to the immigration officer at the airport, to which the PR card should be delivered. He said it will take about 4-5 months.
Now I am not able to link my PR card application using UCI(or any other credentials) and see the status of PR card process. I hope linking the application is not mandatory.
Are there any additional steps in b/w which are to be done, like providing a photo etc.? Or will the card be delivered only based on the address?
@ayeetee

Thanks!

Maple bonbon Sirop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Haiti
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-02-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
@Deepti91 I landed few hours ago in montreal. The immigration agent told me 5 months as well..... Will try to link my application online in the coming days

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
@Maple bonbon Sirop , @Deepti91,

At first I tried using the website that the immigration officer gives out multiple times but the system couldn’t find my profile. Then I sent a webform but didn’t get a response. After almost 6 weeks of landing I finally was able to speak to someone at IRCC and they recorded my new address. They also told me that the cards had been ready for a while and that they were waiting to get the new address from me. And I received the cards a couple weeks later.
So your best bet is to call IRCC and press the number sequence I gave earlier in the post after you follow the instructions to enter your UCI number.
Hope that helps!

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
I have the same question.
I landed on 8th May 2022 and provided the address to the immigration officer at the airport, to which the PR card should be delivered. He said it will take about 4-5 months.
Now I am not able to link my PR card application using UCI(or any other credentials) and see the status of PR card process. I hope linking the application is not mandatory.
Are there any additional steps in b/w which are to be done, like providing a photo etc.? Or will the card be delivered only based on the address?
@ayeetee

Thanks!
I didn’t give them any address at immigration and didn’t link anything. They use the photo you gave them when signing your COPR

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
@Maple bonbon Sirop , @Deepti91,

At first I tried using the website that the immigration officer gives out multiple times but the system couldn’t find my profile. Then I sent a webform but didn’t get a response. After almost 6 weeks of landing I finally was able to speak to someone at IRCC and they recorded my new address. They also told me that the cards had been ready for a while and that they were waiting to get the new address from me. And I received the cards a couple weeks later.
So your best bet is to call IRCC and press the number sequence I gave earlier in the post after you follow the instructions to enter your UCI number.
Hope that helps!
Thanks @ayeetee , I am gonna call IRCC then though I give them an address to mail the PR card.

Reactions: ayeetee