+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Taj339

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Looking at timeline's of others i am panic, my application just submitted today. I think i should expect PR card by summers! Hopefully i"ll get it so we can plan vacations

immutable

Aug 5, 2013
My Timeline - PR Renewal. Application was sent on September 15th.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 19, 2022.
Wait for the PR Card begins.... :rolleyes:

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Looking at timeline's of others i am panic, my application just submitted today. I think i should expect PR card by summers! Hopefully i"ll get it so we can plan vacations
It seems there is no logic/consistency to the timeline. My app arrived August 16, AOR Nov 24 - "in processing." Some have been waiting longer, some have gotten cards in a much short timeline. It really seems to be luck of the draw.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
It seems there is no logic/consistency to the timeline. My app arrived August 16, AOR Nov 24 - "in processing." Some have been waiting longer, some have gotten cards in a much short timeline. It really seems to be luck of the draw.
Same as my husband’s. Received August 6, in process November 8 and still waiting. So to travel, he has to cross via a land border and fly from (amd return to) Buffalo as he can use other documentation for a land border crossing. Talk about dumping money into the American economy and then being exposed to unvaccinated travellers for something absolutely avoidable. I don’t know why they don’t issue temporary ones while you wait - like they do with OHIP or Driver’s Licenses. Seems his is stuck in the system and who knows how long it will take. Luck of the draw doesn’t seem efficient or fair.

Reactions: JimSharp

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone still waiting for there initial card from July? Landed July 3 and still waiting for the card. Just keep being told it’s processing. Don’t get how long it can be processing for this long.

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
How early can someone apply for PR card renewal? Anyone able to provide some insight?
If your permanent resident card (PR card) is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hi guys! My application for the PR card renewal was received by IRCC on June 11, 2021. My ECAS says "Decision Made" (no details), while my GCKey says "Processing". Confronting information. It has been like this since October. I sent the webform and it took them two months to reply "Everything is delayed because of Covid and Afghanistan situation". I contacted my MP, but it's still not moving forward. Is anyone else in the same situation? Why is this happening? My card expired and I really don't feel comfortable.

Last edited:

Great Sage

Nov 17, 2010
South Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent mine in mis September if memory is correct. Got an email December 24 telling me that they had received my renewal application 18th October 2021. Got my new card in the mail today, January 20th 2022. All through this process, the update status on the website has not recognised my application details.

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Hi guys! My application for the PR card renewal was received by IRCC on June 11, 2021. My ECAS says "Decision Made" (no details), while my GCKey says "Processing". Confronting information. It has been like this since October. I sent the webform and it took them two months to reply "Everything is delayed because of Covid and Afghanistan situation". I contacted my MP, but it's still not moving forward. Is anyone else in the same situation? Why is this happening? My card expired and I really don't feel comfortable.
Hi there. Nobody really understands the way IRCC handles application but maybe your application was selected for a in-person pick up. As i read in previous threads before, they will only inform you about this when there is a slot in your closest IRCC office which now can take a long time since Covid19. Its a serious mess with all their backlogs but if i were you, i might consider bother their call center agents every single day until i squeeze out more information and until i get someone to look into it a bit closer.

Reactions: Tackica

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Anybody here using Canada Post and got your mailed lost?

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Finally, Got the PR Card today (not sure how on Sunday!! :) ) in the mailbox...

Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 11, 2022.
    Got the PR card in mailbox on January 16, 2022 (Sunday)
Hi KKS123,
Can you lease share to which location PR card was mailed. My PR card was sent on 14-Jan and yet to receive it .I'am from Toronto.