April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Hi All,
I have to renew my PR card (Expiry march'22) from within canada, travel plans to India in Feb'22 .

1. Can someone please confirm if you got your PR renewed recently and how much time it took from application submission to receiving the renewed card on hand?
2. I have to renew the PR cards for me and my spouse. Should we send 2 sets of applications completed and mailed separately ?
3. There are 2 options provided in the checklist ? Should we send by courier or regular mail ? Which is advisable ?

Thank you !
Application received at IRCC May 14, processing start date sep 9, still waiting to receive card.
I also had two applications - I completed separate application for each applicant, paper clipped each application and put both into one envelope, there was no issue as both applications are now showing as received and has the DM status on ecas
I registered mailed the application so that I can track the application and have proof of application receiver signature at IRCC

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I
DM. Stay was 741 days just over the requirement of 730 days.
However, the ECAS is showing my old address and not the one I sent with the application.
Perhaps complication?
It's more like clerical error on IRCC's side, send a webform first then call them to update this. If it's already in DM, you are most likely over the complication part - it 99.9% means your application is approved and will be sent for printing soon.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Application Delivered: May 6th, 2021
AOR: Sep 2, 2021
Processing: Sep 2, 2021

Says DM, not sure when the card will arrive. Am starting to panic as I have a citizenship interview coming in 3 weeks and I need my PR card for that.
I did my interview in March. Expired PR cards work - you'll be fine without a valid one.

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello folks
I am PR already and my card isnt expiring for another two years
But I did my legal name change and sent a application to update my PR card

Online portal says
application received 28th may 2021
started working on application 21st sept 2021
and it already shows Decision Made in outer column
Decision made appeared since 22nd sept 2021
I havent received my card yet

I called CIC couple weeks ago and was told they are dealing with final process of pasting the picture and card will be delivered
Can anyone suggest how long does it take to get the card after decision made is appearing
Thanks in advance
Did you hear anything after this. I got the same update from cic when I called in to check but DM since Sep 21 and no update since that.

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
On 30th September
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 21, 2021.
  4. We sent you a letter on September 29, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 4, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 21, 2021.
  4. We sent you a letter on September 29, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Seems like they sent you a letter for more information? Cause if it's PR card it should show "Your PR Card is mailed xxxxxx". I would call in and make sure of this.

Mohdali911

Oct 26, 2021
Hello My current status is Decision Made and the details are as below. I still did not get an update and it has been 5 weeks now. What is the normal time in the current situation to know the decision details?

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2021.

Taji_Singh

Aug 9, 2016
Did you hear anything after this. I got the same update from cic when I called in to check but DM since Sep 21 and no update since that.
Nothing as of now. I see some people who applied in june are actually getting the cards but some applicants who applied earlier are still waiting. This whole process is very frustrating

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I had received my E-CoPR on 12th June and had uploaded the photo on the PR portal along with providing the mailing address. It is my first card and I still have not received it nor has the status changed on the PR portal. It still says 'in review with IRCC' under the photograph. section The declaration has already been approved long ago. It is past the current processing time now and I am starting to get worried. It should not be that complicated for a first card, should it? I have tried linking it to my IRCC account, but despite trying almost all the combinations of spellings for the Place of Birth and the Last name under 'Search with UCI and Last Name', I am unable to find and link it! They would not give any information through phone calls or webforms saying they are too busy with 'the situation in Afghanistan'. I need to travel in late November and it is frustrating to see their incompetence. Is there anything I can do here? Thank you!
Did you try with LastName and UCI and put the "City of birth" exactly what in your passport?

Note that, in your passport- if the city of birth is having place and province name, make sure that there is any space between city and province, if yes you have to put the space as well while try to link your application. (for example xxxx, xxxx). In my case there was a space after city name and comma .

Reactions: Aftermath

Cloudman2021

Oct 20, 2021
Hello folks
I am PR already and my card isnt expiring for another two years
But I did my legal name change and sent a application to update my PR card

Online portal says
application received 28th may 2021
started working on application 21st sept 2021
and it already shows Decision Made in outer column
Decision made appeared since 22nd sept 2021
I havent received my card yet

I called CIC couple weeks ago and was told they are dealing with final process of pasting the picture and card will be delivered
Can anyone suggest how long does it take to get the card after decision made is appearing
Thanks in advance
I am waiting from Aug 19

nanikumar06

Jul 7, 2021
Seems like they sent you a letter for more information? Cause if it's PR card it should show "Your PR Card is mailed xxxxxx". I would call in and make sure of this.
Also, the status should be changed to "Complete" if the PR card is sent in the mail. If the status is still "Decision Made" and not updated as "Complete" is not a positive sign. Please call asap instead of waiting further.