+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

IrishBlueJay

May 15, 2015
Lack of transparency driving everybody nuts..
It definitely is. At least if they put it into the system when they got it you'd have some assurance. But to wait so long for the AOR is crazy.
It should be all done online too. I'm able to get a passport from Ireland for my daughter in 2 weeks and it's all done through a website!

• Wow
Reactions: BadGamer6

sham_wow

Mar 8, 2016
I don’t think it’s too big of a problem. We are humans, we make mistakes. Is it already in DM? If it is you are good. If you are really worried, update that via webform. Don’t worry. The mistake is extremely insignificant to have any fundamental impact on the whole application.
Thanks for responding @BadGamer6

This is the what I see on ecas:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2021.
It's an urgent request, I hope they do not nit pick this typo, and if I inform them via webform, I am afraid it may delay my application.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for responding @BadGamer6

This is the what I see on ecas:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2021.
It's an urgent request, I hope they do not nit pick this typo, and if I inform them via webform, I am afraid it may delay my application.
Before you open your application, does it say “In Process” or “Decision Made”? I would highly suggest you to link your application on gckey and see the details there. It gives you a better insight of your application.

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Update on my family member's application: GCkey now showing "Approved".
October 27, 2021 Your application was approved. We mailed your Permanent Resident Card to you. Your card can take up to 6 weeks to arrive. Validity until late 2026.

Full Timeline for those who need for reference:
App sent: June 25, 2021
Received: June 29, 2021
AOR: Oct 21, 2021
DM: Oct 22, 2021
Card Mailed: Oct 27, 2021
Physical presence: Little less than 1000 days (at the time of the application)
how do u link your application using GC key?

sham_wow

Mar 8, 2016
Before you open your application, does it say “In Process” or “Decision Made”? I would highly suggest you to link your application on gckey and see the details there. It gives you a better insight of your application.
It says In Progress, how do you link your application using GC key?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Reactions: Hanataha

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
How do i link my application on GCKey? It takes me to the same information on ecas. Thank you. Pls help

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
im sorry but I couldn't find the option "choose link an application" after I logged in.
There should be a button says this: "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
There should be a button says this: "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."
i don't find these after I logged in on GC key