+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Processing time has been updated again: (September 7, 2021)
Renewal PR Cards: 128 days (Still going up and went up significantly)
New PR cards: 118 days (Went up by a huge amount)

saba_canada

Oct 14, 2015
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 27, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 19, 2021.
No news after that... anybody on the same boat ? Pls, suggest the next steps

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 27, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2021.
It took me 6 weeks from DM to Complete and card sent (July 26th till Sept 7th). It seems like usually it's closer to 4 weeks but based on my experience I would say anywhere from 4-6 weeks is normal. While I was waiting, I tried to call (no luck), and sent a webform but only got a generic answer.
Good luck.

Reactions: saba_canada

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Is it in process or dm?

Ahmed Bediwy

Oct 25, 2020
Hello all,

I have an urgent question, I sent my photo along with my confirmation letter of PR to get a new PR card since March 22, 2021. it has been 170 days and i did not receive it yet. what would be your advice to check the status?

Please I need any Helppppppppppppppppppppp

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello all,

I have an urgent question, I sent my photo along with my confirmation letter of PR to get a new PR card since March 22, 2021. it has been 170 days and i did not receive it yet. what would be your advice to check the status?

Please I need any Helppppppppppppppppppppp
Have you received AOR?

DeeeeW

Sep 9, 2021
My first PR renewal application was received by IRCC on April 19 per the post office...checked via website and via email several times all stating they had not received my paperwork. So, I resent the entire package again in August. I went in to check the status on the 2nd package and got information they had received my first package April 19, 2021 and it was in process as of August 24, 2021. I find this a bit odd, and lengthy between the receipt date and the start of the processing. What will happen with my 2nd package when they finally acknowledge receipt?? Any idea they current processing time now? Thanks!

DeeeeW

Sep 9, 2021
I received a reply on my enquiry from 11th August:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the delay for answering your enquiry due to the ongoing situation related to COVID-19.

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted or received,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where the application was sent,
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
Shouldn't they be able to see my information from what I have provided or is this normal for PR inquires?
I did the same thing, they again told me they couldn't find it in their system after sending an attachment with all the questions answered. This was from a package I sent in April, received per the post office on 4/19/21. After getting that message, I sent in another complete package in August. Went in to check that package (2nd), and they show receiving the April 19 package and shows as 'in process' as of August 24th. I don't know what's going to happen with the 2nd package now! All very confusing and frustrating! Good luck!