+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
Hi all,
I submitted PR renewal in May, 2021, and application delivered on 19 May. I have not recevied any information so far. How long it may take to get the PR card?
Thanks

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/04/06. (Apr 06)

Received this email today: July 21, 05:40 (MDT)

Card received by CIC on : Apr 06, 2021 (sent via Canada Post)
Card Renewal.
Nothing in ECAS yet.
[/QUOT

Hi, did you applied online? Can you link your PR renewal to online application portal?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks. I am working in US and commute daily for Work. My PR card expires in September. Can anyone suggest the way to expedite?
I just updated my post - late August to early September. Add about 80-90 days to your deliverance day is a good range to expect an AOR (based and ONLY based on this thread). The only way you can expedite it is by urgent processing, if you are eligible based on the criteria here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

Reactions: sukhimicrobio

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
I just updated my post - late August to early September. Add about 80-90 days to your deliverance day is a good range to expect an AOR (based and ONLY based on this thread). The only way you can expedite it is by urgent processing, if you are eligible based on the criteria here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
Thanks, I do qualify as I have job in US-Canada border city. I will try to send the request through online portal.

zammy123

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oct 22, 2020
Hi All,
My PR renewal application is in the system since June 30th and the status is in process.
Does anyone knows what is the maximum time for processing when the file is in the system.

Thanks

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Even if it's showing in process ?
I remember someone mentioned here - can't exactly remember who, that normally PR card process goes straight from AOR to DM, if it involves "in process" it most likely means it involves some non-routine processing, thus normal timeline no longer applies (Again, not my words, I saw someone mentioned it here in the forum). If your physical presence is solid you should have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: mohamedmarzouk
Oct 22, 2020
I remember someone mentioned here - can't exactly remember who, that normally PR card process goes straight from AOR to DM, if it involves "in process" it most likely means it involves some non-routine processing, thus normal timeline no longer applies (Again, not my words, I saw someone mentioned it here in the forum). If your physical presence is solid you should have nothing to worry about.
Thanks for your reply, I have no issues with my physical presence I have only traveled once in the last 4 years, it's just that I see the applications after getting aor is very random for example my kids applications took one day for DM and on the other hand me and my spouse status are in process for a month now.
Hopefully it would change soon the whole process is very stressful and frustrating