Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Sent PR Renewal Application on March 23, 2021 (untracked)

Sent a webform message and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.
If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.
Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible.
Furthermore, if you need to travel urgently, a few options are available to request a faster processing of your Permanent Resident (PR) card.

With the processing times constantly increasing as the days move on, I am worried that I may not have my PR card before the last week of September for the trip. Unable to use the urgent option as the trip isn't urgent. Concerned that the mail might have been lost in transit. :(

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.
If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.
Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible.
Furthermore, if you need to travel urgently, a few options are available to request a faster processing of your Permanent Resident (PR) card.

With the processing times constantly increasing as the days move on, I am worried that I may not have my PR card before the last week of September for the trip. Unable to use the urgent option as the trip isn't urgent. Concerned that the mail might have been lost in transit. :(
Do you have a proof of travel? I would say any planned travel in more than 3 weeks and less than 3 months is considered urgent. You would need to submit a new application explaining your plans, and why you want it it be processed urgent.

I am in the same boat by the way. I knew when I submitted my application I may travel later this year, and I thought I could provide them with a proof of travel when I have a clear and definite plan, but after I submitted the application (and was delivered to them according to the tracking information of the package) based on what I can now say a bad advice given by someone in these forums (I made the mistake not to double check the official website), I now know sending out my application was probably a mistake, because I will most likely submit another one in a couple of months. I wish they at least opened the file early to reference it later. But taking 3+ months to open the file is making things more difficult.

ptntlyw8n

Jul 9, 2021
Do you have a proof of travel? I would say any planned travel in more than 3 weeks and less than 3 months is considered urgent. You would need to submit a new application explaining your plans, and why you want it it be processed urgent.

I am in the same boat by the way. I knew when I submitted my application I may travel later this year, and I thought I could provide them with a proof of travel when I have a clear and definite plan, but after I submitted the application (and was delivered to them according to the tracking information of the package) based on what I can now say a bad advice given by someone in these forums (I made the mistake not to double check the official website), I now know sending out my application was probably a mistake, because I will most likely submit another one in a couple of months. I wish they at least opened the file early to reference it later. But taking 3+ months to open the file is making things more difficult.
Hi there CaBeaver,
Do you mind if I please ask you if the purpose of your trip is leisure?

According to the government website:

“To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:

• a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member
Even if you qualify, we can’t guarantee we’ll process your application urgently or that you’ll get your PR card on time. See the current processing times for PR cards.”

My mum’s PR renewal application was sent away about a month ago, and I don’t think it’ll be processed in time to travel for my wedding in early October as she still needs to apply for a Schengen visa which requires a valid PR card! Such a nightmare.
After reading the excerpt above I thought we had no grounds to request urgent processing as the purpose of the trip is pleasure, but I wonder if you had different information?

Thanks so much!

haakri

Jul 24, 2021
Hi, i urgently need someones help. I sent my pr card renewal application in start of May.. it has almost been 3 months and i havent heard anything from them. no email nothing. i went online to check my status. my application doesnt come up.. How do i find the status of my application if they have received it or not. is there an email where i can contact them and confirm if they have received my application or not. i have a flight and the card is expiring on 29th august. thank you

Punjabi26

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

I also sent my application same day , regular mail and got e-mail on July 14th that it was received on 29th of March. You'll probably get AOR in few days too.

aninipf

Jul 24, 2021
Hello, everyone!

I recently sent my application for PR card renewal, and Canada Post said they had received my application. I haven't gotten any confirmation that they received my application other than the courier confirmation. I am travelling in mid-November and the processing days at the moment are 99 days. I'm afraid that It may or may not reached it. I also happened to be scrolling through my CRA account today and noticed that I forgot to declare one of my work experiences in the form. Will this affect my application? Should I start filling out a new form and resend my application?

It's my first time renewing my PR card, so I apologize for all the stupid questions! Thanks!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi there CaBeaver,
Do you mind if I please ask you if the purpose of your trip is leisure?

According to the government website:

“To qualify for urgent permanent resident (PR) card processing, you must be travelling within the next three months due to:

• a job opportunity
  • your own serious illness
  • the death of a family member
  • work related to your current job
  • the serious illness of a family member
Even if you qualify, we can’t guarantee we’ll process your application urgently or that you’ll get your PR card on time. See the current processing times for PR cards.”

My mum’s PR renewal application was sent away about a month ago, and I don’t think it’ll be processed in time to travel for my wedding in early October as she still needs to apply for a Schengen visa which requires a valid PR card! Such a nightmare.
After reading the excerpt above I thought we had no grounds to request urgent processing as the purpose of the trip is pleasure, but I wonder if you had different information?

Thanks so much!
Mine would be job related, but I don't think yours shouldn't be considered. If you travel for vacation, then I would say it's not urgent. But it's for your wedding. Is your wedding already fixed, or you can still move it around? In any case, I would contact IRCC and clarify this. They will give you the definite answer.

Reactions: ptntlyw8n

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello, everyone!

I recently sent my application for PR card renewal, and Canada Post said they had received my application. I haven't gotten any confirmation that they received my application other than the courier confirmation. I am travelling in mid-November and the processing days at the moment are 99 days. I'm afraid that It may or may not reached it. I also happened to be scrolling through my CRA account today and noticed that I forgot to declare one of my work experiences in the form. Will this affect my application? Should I start filling out a new form and resend my application?

It's my first time renewing my PR card, so I apologize for all the stupid questions! Thanks!
It's unlikely you will get it before mid-November with normal processing. The processing delay seems to go up each week. Is your travel justified (i.e., urgent)? If yes, you will probably need to send a new application with the proof and write "urgent" on the envelope.

aninipf

Jul 24, 2021
It's unlikely you will get it before mid-November with normal processing. The processing delay seems to go up each week. Is your travel justified (i.e., urgent)? If yes, you will probably need to send a new application with the proof and write "urgent" on the envelope.
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm afraid that this might be the case. However, my travel plans are not considered Urgent according to the eligibility requirements. I'm afraid that they might send back my application because I forget to declare one of my work experiences in my work history. Will this play a huge role in my application? I entirely forgot about it; it was a summer job in high school, and I only worked there for two months. I didn't even know it would show on my record up until I was scrolling through my t4 history in my CRA account.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm afraid that this might be the case. However, my travel plans are not considered Urgent according to the eligibility requirements. I'm afraid that they might send back my application because I forget to declare one of my work experiences in my work history. Will this play a huge role in my application? I entirely forgot about it; it was a summer job in high school, and I only worked there for two months. I didn't even know it would show on my record up until I was scrolling through my t4 history in my CRA account.
If it's not urgent and you have control over your travel plans, then I am afraid they won't accept it. Unfortunately, they control us now because of their inefficiency.

As for you job experience that you forgot, I am not sure what would happen. If you don't wish any further delays because of it, I would be proactive and submit a new application with an explanation letter about your first application so that they cancel it (I believe you can use the same fee receipt because they haven't opened your file yet). But I would call them first to see what they would say, and if it's the way to go.

jashinds

Jul 21, 2020
Oakville, ON
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-07-2020
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 1, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 23, 2021.
This is after clicking "Decision Made" on ecas. So I assume I will be receiving my new PR card in the mail in about 4 weeks, even though this is the description for "Decision Made":

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

It's a little confusing o_O I've never heard of having to pick up a PR Card.....

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 1, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 23, 2021.
This is after clicking "Decision Made" on ecas. So I assume I will be receiving my new PR card in the mail in about 4 weeks, even though this is the description for "Decision Made":

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.

If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

It's a little confusing o_O I've never heard of having to pick up a PR Card.....
About 6 months in total?!!!!

Do you meet the requirements to renew your PR card?