+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hello, I applied Mid-May to Renew my PR, If I travel now and a family member receives the New PR then mail it to me...is it ok?

Will they know that I am outside the country and maybe not process my application?

Based on everyone's comments, I should give it 4 months to receive the PR from the date of Application..
Hi Amr1001

I hope you receive your card soon, I totally understand how stressful the process, taking into consideration IRCC Backlog

If you are meeting the Residency Obligation so you have no issue to travel and the family member receives it for you, but take care of the below concern

Since 25/6/2020 IRCC Claims that they are accessing the Exit information, and they are in the 1-year Process of on-boarding Airlines to report the exit passengers which ended 25/6/2021, but no one knows they are collecting it or not, or all airlines adapted to that Law enforcement as per the information on the website or not

Please look to that link on their website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/entry-exit.html

The Issue that, if you exit and the Officer when review your application saw that you are outside, this may lead to asking you to come and collect it from the local office especially if your Card expired, and due to COVID 19 this is a very lengthy process and take months to arrange for a pickup appointment with your local office

So if you must travel, ask for your CBSA report after your travel, and state on it that you want the history of (Entry & Exit)
because if you did not state exit, they will only send you the entries - then take decision-based on data you got in the report - may be the airline you travel still not adapted, and your exit is not captured.

if your card expired, and you are outside so you should ask for a travel document to return back, which itself is a process, if you are meeting the RO, then have no issue at all, but if you are not meeting the RO, then your Status as a PR will be affected if they discover that while reviewing your travel document application

I am not an expert or give advice, but the above is what I will think to myself if I am in your situation

Reactions: iBarjar and amr1001

eleanore.mk

Jul 12, 2021
Hi all,
My renewed PR card was mail on June 28 (Ottawa address), but I have not received it yet after 2 weeks... Should I be worried that I haven't received it yet? Any suggestion on how to follow this up?
My timeline was:
-Application received on March 22, 2021
-AOR on June 14, 2021
-PR card was sent by mail on June 28, 2021
Thanks!

Naija babe2

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/07/2013
AOR Received.
03/10/13
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
02/10/14
Med's Done....
5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 18, 2021.
  2. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 6, 2021.
Cards received July 11 .

sidhucanada

Star Member
May 15, 2013
my wife, daughter and my main applicant pr card application received 26 march
decision made all three june 30
today online status said my wife and daughter s pr card mailed july 12 and process shows complete
and my status shows still decision made
any expert in forum
please tell me
why my status still decision made
maybe this reason
all three file numbers diffrence in 50 numbers
my file behind in 50 numbers from my wife file

Last edited:

joey_huang

Feb 10, 2021
Help Need! I have been waiting for an appointment to pick up my PR for more than 5 months and I am devastated.

So I wonder has anyone previously ordered GCMS Note for their renewal application?

VO: Vancouver

skylar2010

Feb 28, 2021
Is anyone waiting for first PR card from Montreal office?
I sent my photo to Montreal office in last march 11th. Also I can't link to my pr card application somehow..
I called IRCC several times but always they gave me generic answers not helpful at all.
Anyone got pr card recently from montreal office? What if they lost my documents after 4 months waiting...? I am so worried.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Is anyone waiting for first PR card from Montreal office?
I sent my photo to Montreal office in last march 11th. Also I can't link to my pr card application somehow..
I called IRCC several times but always they gave me generic answers not helpful at all.
Anyone got pr card recently from montreal office? What if they lost my documents after 4 months waiting...? I am so worried.
No news. I have also been waiting since March for my first PR card from MTL office. I haven’t seen anyone from March receiving their pr cards yet.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
That’s correct. Renewal is done by Sydney, unless secondary referral is needed then it would be referred to local offices.
No wonder it take so much time then. It would be much faster if they distribute the files to local offices. I am surprised by this information