+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
my wife, daughter and my main applicant pr card application received 26 march
decision made all three june 30
today online status said my wife and daughter s pr card mailed july 12 and process shows complete
and my status shows still decision made
any expert in forum
please tell me
why my status still decision made
maybe this reason
all three file numbers diffrence in 50 numbers
my file behind in 50 numbers from my wife file
Hi - based on my analysis in the forum for more than 60 applicant -

the time between AOR and decision made varying between 0 days to 24 days

the time between decision made and complete 0 days to 30 days

Most of the time husband applicant will take more time than wife and kids - because wife and kids case are easy - the kids are in school and wife must be with them

While for husband there are many verification done on them - security - residency obligation , etc...

If you work in Canada and you meet the residency obligation - so you are totally have no issue - it will be jus matter of time

My case was as follows

From AOR to DM was 22 days
From DM to Complete was 10 days

Please note that processing time is increasing so the above numbers may also increased with the processing time get increased

Good luck

APKN

Jul 4, 2021
Does any one from week of March 29th has any updates? My (first time) PR card application was received on March 29th and I have no AOR no eCAS access. The only thing I know is that my application was received by Toronto IRCC on March 29th through Canada post tracking #.
Please reply if anyone has any updates around March29th timeline.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was hoping to get my citizenship before the end of this year, and since this hope is fading away with every passing day, I have decided to renew my PR card, only to find out that renewing PR cards can take up to 4 months :rolleyes: I understand that citizenship applicants are expected to stay in Canada, and thus rushing their processing doesn't make sense from IRCC point of view, but having a valid PR card for travel is essential to be able to return. Why it's taking so long to renew PR cards?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I was hoping to get my citizenship before the end of this year, and since this hope is fading away with every passing day, I have decided to renew my PR card, only to find out that renewing PR cards can take up to 4 months :rolleyes: I understand that citizenship applicants are expected to stay in Canada, and thus rushing their processing doesn't make sense from IRCC point of view, but having a valid PR card for travel is essential to be able to return. Why it's taking so long to renew PR cards?
If you look how fast they are processing new immigrants these days, it would make sense about the long processing time.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
If you look how fast they are processing new immigrants these days, it would make sense about the long processing time.
Are they trying to meet some yearly cap at our expense? It doesn't make sense to prioritize new immigrants' applications over older applications!!

Reactions: BadGamer6

Sehfar

Jul 13, 2021
Hi all, joining the party. My PR card renewal was received May 11. Looks like I am in for a bit of a longer wait than I expected.
Hi my pr renewal application was received on 15 May. Still no correspondence... I called the help center he just said maybe you will get Aor in August.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Hi my pr renewal application was received on 15 May. Still no correspondence... I called the help center he just said maybe you will get Aor in August.
Maybe in september.

My application was received on April 1st, still no AOR, no e-mail from IRCC, I'm expecting the AOR in August, if I am lucky.

Reactions: BadGamer6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Maybe in september.

My application was received on April 1st, still no AOR, no e-mail from IRCC, I'm expecting the AOR in August, if I am lucky.
I think you should get it in the next little while, I've seen many end of March applicants received AORs so yours should be getting there! But for late April to early May, even September to the current trend is being optimistic...

rbector

Dec 1, 2018
Anyone waiting for their Initial card?? I sent my application on January 28, 2021. It's been almost 6 months while the processing time is 132 days.
I submitted a web form as well, but they just replied saying it is in process. Please help!!

rialto187

Jun 17, 2021
For PR renewal card, I got my AOR AND DM on June 24 and got the card sent on July 7.

However my wife also got AOR and DM on June 24 but the card is not sent yet.

Has anyone faced similar issue. Both our applications were sent together.