5/10/14
Passport Req..
10/11/14
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/14
Application Received March 18
AOR June 3
Decision made today July 6

Never saw my application status on ECAS till today July 6 and I don't have started processing date either. Just AOR straight to Decision made.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 18, 2021.
  2. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 6, 2021.

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Applied for PR renewal for myself, my wife, and daughter. Sent all three applications in one envelope. Received PR Cards for my wife and my daughter.

Here are the timelines.

Application delivered on January 28, 2021.
AOR received for all three applications on March 22, 2021.
Application approved on March 30, 2021
PR card mailed on March 30, 2021
Received PR Cards on April 6, 2021

Status on my application got updated as approved and PR card mailed as on April 6, 2021.
You mentioned you used three separate envelopes for each application inside the main envelope you sent. Did you write anything specific on those sub-envelopes?

sidhucanada

Star Member
May 15, 2013
PR APPLICATON RECEIVED BY CIC 26 MARCH
AOR 30 JUNE
DECISION MADE 30 JUNE
WEB FORM REPLIED BY CIC AGENT TODAY YOUR SITUATION REPORTED IN YOUR WEBFORM REQUEST IS NOW RESOLVED
I SENT WEBFORM FOR AOR BEFORE AOR CAME
STILL SAME STATUS
CARD NOT RECEIVED

Last edited:

Baffled

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-31-2015
Doc's Request.
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law 01-04-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
08-04-2015 (10-01-2015: PR In Process)
File Transfer...
Fingerprint Background Check (Canada) 02-18-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
May-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 27, 2016
LANDED..........
May 18, 2016
Anyone send in a PR renewal application around/near March 23, 2021 receive any updates on their submissions? I made a mistake and did not send my application via courier so no assurance of my application being received. I have plans to travel at the end of September 2021 and now worried that maybe my application is lost or I may not receive my new PR before the time I plan to travel.

Last edited:

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Anyone send in a PR renewal application around/near March 23, 2021 receive any updates on their submissions? I made a mistake and did not send my application via courier so no assurance of my application being received. I have plans to travel at the end of September 2021 and now worried that maybe my application is lost or I may not receive my new PR before the time I plan to travel.
They have received my application on 22/3/2021 - and I got the AOR and Final decision on 7/7/2021

for your case if you sent it on 23/3/2021 by normal mail this means it is delivered to them around 3 or 4 April - and no April received application being processed till now according to the feedback of this forum

Sending it by regular mail is a mistake but this does not mean it is lost - most of the time the mail will arrive to its final destination

So it is just a delay due to the workload and COVID

Relative to your travel I do not recommend that because if they reviewed the application and they knew you are outside Canada - and this is known now through the new entry/exit program - then they may ask you to receive it personally in local IRCC office - and this will delay your application big time

I am not expert or giving advise but this what I am thinking to myself if I am in your situation

Good luck

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Same timeline and case with my relatives...confirmed via Xpresspost tracking that the applications were delivered successfully. No AOR or eCAS access at all untl now.

they’ve been in Canada continuously for the last 3 years, so there should be no issues with RO

Last edited:

Scott_Chegg1

Jan 26, 2021
The wait for PR card renewal getting a bit ridiculous. To be honest I think IRRC is not being upfront with the information being provided regarding renewal times etc.

I applied at the beginning of April and, as of today, still haven't been added to the system. I got a signature to prove that my application arrived there but since then nothing.
At the time of my renewal application, the processing time was at 63 days. This calculation was based on taking the COVID situation into account.
Today the processing time sits at 92 days - a full month more.

I have sent two emails but have only received a generic reply both times.

I think the IRCC should be more transparent in their calculations on its site. It should state that it can take up to three months before processing even begins and the processing only starts when they open the envelope and not when it is received.

I am in the midst of a Citizenship application that seems to be caught up in the same quagmire of bureaucracy as my PR renewal. I was not going to renew my PR card but because of the citizenship backlog, I need some form of travel document. So even if they open my renewal today I will still have a further three months to wait to receive it.

I understand that COVID has caused some major delays and that the system is becoming overwhelmed, but they have been working under the same conditions for nearly a year and a half. Every other business in Canada has been affected by COVID and seemed to have managed to work through it.

Why aren't they being held accountable?

Every other Government agency seems to have had a much quicker response to the pandemic while the IRCC is moving backwards.

Let's hope this mess is sorted out soon, but looking at the ever-increasing backlog, this will be an impossible task and the wait will increase ad Infinitum.

Rant over!

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
The wait for PR card renewal getting a bit ridiculous. To be honest I think IRRC is not being upfront with the information being provided regarding renewal times etc.

I applied at the beginning of April and, as of today, still haven't been added to the system. I got a signature to prove that my application arrived there but since then nothing.
At the time of my renewal application, the processing time was at 63 days. This calculation was based on taking the COVID situation into account.

I think the IRCC should be more transparent in their calculations on its site. It should state that it can take up to three months before processing even begins and the processing only starts when they open the envelope and not when it is received.

I am in the midst of a Citizenship application that seems to be caught up in the same quagmire of bureaucracy as my PR renewal. I was not going to renew my PR card but because of the citizenship backlog, I need some form of travel document. So even if they open my renewal today I will still have a further three months to wait to receive it.

I understand that COVID has caused some major delays and that the system is becoming overwhelmed, but they have been working under the same conditions for nearly a year and a half. Every other business in Canada has been affected by COVID and seemed to have managed to work through it.

Every other Government agency seems to have had a much quicker response to the pandemic while the IRCC is moving backwards.

Let's hope this mess is sorted out soon, but looking at the ever-increasing backlog, this will be an impossible task and the wait will increase ad Infinitum.

Rant over!
I understand your feelings, I am in the exact situation as yours (Citizenship App in progress + PR Card Renewal in progress).

I can't wait to go back once this is over.

ptntlyw8n

Jul 9, 2021

Rant over!
I think the processing time begins from the day your application is received in their mail room, according to this:

“Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.

If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.”
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3

Hopefully that means you’ve not got much longer to wait - but you’re absolutely right, it shouldn’t take this long, COVID is no excuse at this point as businesses have had plenty of time to adapt.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,
I have got my eCOPR from new PR Portal on 27th May 2021 and it was from Ottawa, Can you please let me know howlong it will take to receive the PR card ?

amr1001

Feb 6, 2010
Hello, I applied Mid-May to Renew my PR, If I travel now and a family member receives the New PR then mail it to me...is it ok?

Will they know that I am outside the country and maybe not process my application?

Based on everyone comments, I should give it 4 month to receive the PR from the date of Application..

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021

Rant over!
I'm in a very similar boat. I first applied for my renewal in Feb, then got rebounded in mid-April coz I missed one stupid Qs and immediately sent it back with mail tracking like the next day. It's been three months and I heard nothing. I tried to link my paper application to my account online but it's not even shown. I wrote using the webform and asked about that and got a super generic reply. TBH, there's nothing we can do. I can't leave the country to see my family and bf, and he's waiting for his PR approval forever. I wish there could be more transparency and I hope people will be held accountable.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Rant over!
Thank you for this rant. I think you expressed how many here are feeling. Frustrated. IRCC is so powerful that they are beyond questioning by anyone. This is wrong. We deserve answers and clear timelines for our applications. Many sacrificed a lot to reach this stage. I said elsewhere that almost every business in the pandemic has moved to working from home almost without disruption, except for IRCC. They stopped working for a good year, and now they have a huge backlog. Also why not making PR applications online to make things faster and easier? They can do it, but they don't want to!!

I am in a very similar situation as yours: I have my citizenship application progressing extremely slowly that it's close to 2 years now, and I don't see a significant change by the end of this year at that front. I am planning on renewing my PR card, but it will take at least 4 months. What if I wanted to travel suddenly? They say you can apply for urgent processing, but then they say but we may not process it urgently!! So confusing and vague. They rely on this vagueness to do whatever they want.

Last edited: