+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I thought I update on my renewal of PR card application :
Received confirmation of PR card application received July 8 2021,
September 12 2022 received email IRCC for pick up PR card in person appointment at ETOBICOKE office Oct 2 2022.
Yes it's been long wait but finally here.
Is your RO obligations were not met that is why you selected for in-person pick up??

Last edited:

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
Yes, sure dear.
Process was pretty much smooth, its that we landed on Saturday morning at 10am and had to wait 2 hours as during weekend only 50% officer work (thats what we heard from fellow passengers) before we could grab our bags and leave the airport. Since we were completely tired and exhausted and had small kids which the officer also noticed, we were asked only two questions by the officer (1)Have you got any cash that you want to declare? (2) Have you got an address at the place of your destination?
Thats it, nothing more.
And.... our CoPR were signed and the golden words we heard from the officer WELCOME HOME, YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY PR OF CANADA.

I am not sure about sharing with the officer if you are soft landing but yes, chances are he may not apply for your PR card and may ask you to apply once you decide moving for good..
Hi Fox,

I need some clarification on PR card at the time of landing.
(a) My parents have landed with PR status (on my sponsorship) at Toronto on 15th Sep, 2022. The officer appears to have said to my parents that PR card will be mailed in 2 to 4 months. Not sure, if the officer has provided any PR card application reference to my parents. .
(a) Have you received any PR card application reference number from the officer so that you can track.?
(b) How you are tracking PR card application status?

Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Fox,

(a) My parents have landed with PR status (on my sponsorship) at Toronto on 15th Sep, 2022. The officer appears to have said to my parents that PR card will be mailed in 2 to 4 months. Not sure, if the officer has provided any PR card application reference to my parents. .
(a) Have you received any PR card application reference number from the officer so that you can track.?

Thanks
You need to link pr card to gckey account to be able to track it, steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Once linked, you should be able to see pr card application number that starts with letter R

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
You need to link pr card to gckey account to be able to track it, steps here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Once linked, you should be able to see pr card application number that starts with letter R
Hi

Thanks.

(a) What to link to GC Key?
(b) Do the officer at Airport provide any PR Card Application reference no. at the time of completion of landing formalities?
(c) My parents did not know if officer provided any application reference.

Any clue how to go about it?

Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi

Thanks.

(a) What to link to GC Key?
(b) Do the officer at Airport provide any PR Card Application reference no. at the time of completion of landing formalities?
(c) My parents did not know if officer provided any application reference.

Any clue how to go about it?

Thanks
Check the link I shared, it has steps on how to track pr card application. You need basic information to link- uci, dob etc and no reference number.

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi Fox,

Thanks
Hi Coral,
They do not provide any reference against the PR card. They apply for your parents directly and the card will arrive within 80 days time. All you can do is to track the status of the PR from your GC keys account. You need to enter few details to link their application.
How did you apply for their PR? is it online by yourself of through an immigration consultant?