+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
RENEWING PR CARD PROCESS TIME - MAILED APPLICATION AROUND DEC 2021

Hi there,

Can you please kindly tell me your experience with who received new PR card (renewal) in April 2022, when you mailed your application for renew your PR Card to CIC office?

I am in Vancouver and couriered my application around early December 2021. However, I haven't received any messages from CIC as of today (even not receipt of acknowledgment). I can't find out my current status of application via CIC online site (I selected PR card renew, and added UCI number and fee receipt number, but it wasn't found:() I also called CIC (1-888-242-2100) but it required an application number to find out my application which I don't have/know. Because I mailed the application and I haven't received any messages from CIC since then:(

Also, can you please tell me when you received an initial message (acknowledgement of receipt) from CIC after you mailed your application to them?

I am devastated... People in this forum seem to receive their renewal PR cards now even though they sent their applications later than I did... My PR card is now expired (Feb 2022), so I can't come back Canada if I travel outside of Canada:'( This is my first experience to renew my PR Card.

Thank you!

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Thank you! I am an Inland applicant, we had virtual landing through new PR portal. I've received my eCopr on Mar.29.
thanks, a relative received her eCorp on Mar.30
Congrats again,,, no matter how long last,,, we are in Canada,,,

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
ecas wont show you details of first pr card. It is applicable only to cases mentioned in list of reasons.

I assume you have linked gckey and pr card, since you mentioned that you observed a GU. If this is first GU, it means your card has been sent to printing. Two weeks from there, your card should be approved and mailed out. Best Luck.

PS - I have timelines close to you, please check my signature for more details
Thank you so much! do you get a message in gckey when your card is mailed?

as for eCAS, I was told I can login to update the address by the officer at the border but it doesnt find my application at all. Its weird they tell you this but like you said, cannot access the service at all. I hope I have a timeline close to yours. I see a lot of people who applied for their first card after me, already got their cards in a much shorter timeline.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you so much! do you get a message in gckey when your card is mailed?

as for eCAS, I was told I can login to update the address by the officer at the border but it doesn't find my application at all. Its weird they tell you this but like you said, cannot access the service at all. I hope I have a timeline close to yours. I see a lot of people who applied for their first card after me, already got their cards in a much shorter timeline.
Yes, you do get update on gckey application - 1. When card is sent to production 2. When it is printed and mailed out (generally around 15 days from 1st GU). I remember you already had a GU. Expect your card to be mailed out shortly.

Mohsin Safdar

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
PR renewal Timeline

Application Received 22 June 2021
AOR 5 Oct 2021
DM 22 Oct 2021
Approved 26 Apr2022
Card Received 29 Apr 2022 (312 days)

No reason given for delay, neither any information requested.

Rayu Mandvi

Sep 10, 2021
PR renewal Timeline

Application Received 22 June 2021
AOR 5 Oct 2021
DM 22 Oct 2021
Approved 26 Apr2022
Card Received 29 Apr 2022 (312 days)

No reason given for delay, neither any information requested.
the above is from GC key or Ecas ?
can you please share when your card was mailed and when you received it ?

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys,

good news!!! So happy :) My timeline follows:

Application sent (from Toronto): March 8, 2022
Application received: March 14, 2022
AOR and started processing application: April 13, 2022
DM in ecas: April 14, 2022
Approved in GC Key and card sent by mail: April 29, 2022

As I told you guys before, I was quite afraid and surprised when I saw that the status of my PR Card renewal process (second time) was Decision Made one day after they received it. I had around 800 days inside Canada in the past 5 years when I sent the application, my card had expired the day before and I had been in breach of the RO five times (from 2017 to 2021 I crossed the border with less then 2 out of 5 years). In none of them I was reported.

Anyways, now I am relieved and counting down to apply for citizenship in the beginning of 2023.

Cheers and good luck to all!!!

Canuckeroo

Mar 25, 2022
^ That's great to see, congrats! I just came here with the same nervousness as the one day processing happened to me too.

1. Application received March 31, 2022.
2. AOR received April 28, 2022.
3. Started processing April 28, 2022.
4. Decision made April 29, 2022.

Awaiting further info but fingers crossed the renewal went through.
Nothing complicated with my case, I've only been outside of Canada for US day trips and a handful of short vacations/family visits in the past 5 years.
UK citizen. The one thing casting a shadow is that I didn't include a photocopy of my expiring PR card as it's not in the checklist!
I saw people sending a second application before they could be rejected, and really panicking about that detail, but I've seen others who also didn't include it who were fine.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
^ That's great to see, congrats! I just came here with the same nervousness as the one day processing happened to me too.

1. Application received March 31, 2022.
2. AOR received April 28, 2022.
3. Started processing April 28, 2022.
4. Decision made April 29, 2022.

Awaiting further info but fingers crossed the renewal went through.
Nothing complicated with my case, I've only been outside of Canada for US day trips and a handful of short vacations/family visits in the past 5 years.
UK citizen. The one thing casting a shadow is that I didn't include a photocopy of my expiring PR card as it's not in the checklist!
I saw people sending a second application before they could be rejected, and really panicking about that detail, but I've seen others who also didn't include it who were fine.
I did not include any photocopy of my expiring PR card and did not send any supporting documentation but just the ones listed in the checklist. I see nothing you should be worried about!

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Any way to connect to PR customer care frm india. My application is in DM status since 2021 October mid, but till today no further communication??

ichancat

Apr 14, 2022
I and my spouse are FSW outland PRs. Landed in Nov-2021 for the first time in Canada.
We have linked our PR card applications in cic portal, and on 4-Feb the final decision was made as 'Your application was approved'. And the status changed to 'Your document is valid'.

However, we haven't received our cards yet, and we have raised web form inquiry on status of PR cards. We were not able to get hold of agent on phone.

We received a reply for the web form last week (after like a month) that "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process".

I am confused here. The cic portal says application is approved and the web form reply says it's still in process.

Do we have to wait for the PR cards to come in mail? Or can we try to find more information with any type of 'freedom of information' request?
I'm in the same situation as you. I landed in Jan 2022 at YVR airport. Also linked the PR Card application and it shows "March 8, 2022 Your application was approved. "

Received nothing so far. I don't even know if they mail out the card or not. No information on ECAS.

Just got the reply of web form says "the application is still in process." as well.

I'll try to call IRCC and maybe submit for a Solemn Declaration.