+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ay9842

Jul 14, 2019
I see so many people who got PR card mailed out on 20th April already received card on 22 April and remaining one got it yesterday. I have checked my mailbox and it’s not yet delivered.

As per current trend if it’s not delivered in 4-5 business days it’s mostly like lost or sent back to IRCC. I am really scared about being lost because I have to wait at least 6 week to submit SD, after that It will take another 3-4 months! I don’t want to wait additional 6 months.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I see so many people who got PR card mailed out on 20th April already received card on 22 April and remaining one got it yesterday. I have checked my mailbox and it’s not yet delivered.

As per current trend if it’s not delivered in 4-5 business days it’s mostly like lost or sent back to IRCC. I am really scared about being lost because I have to wait at least 6 week to submit SD, after that It will take another 3-4 months! I don’t want to wait additional 6 months.
Same thought is scaring me :( . Card mailed on 20th April, nothing yet in mailbox.

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
My card Mailed on 21st . Not received till now. I am in brampton. May come tomorrow. I am hoping . Still people getting card send on 20th

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hello All

for all of you who are still waiting for their PR card, what is the status you have on GC Key ??

is it like the following:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Hi there. On ECAS it shows Decision Made since one day after they started processing my application (April 13th). On GCKey I get the exact same information you see: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

I am confused and worried. I meet the RO (2 years and 2 months accumulated as the day of submission), applied from Canada, remain in Canada, but I crossed the border in breach of RO 5 times without been reported, from 2017 to 2021. Don't know what to think.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys. Landed on 7th April, New PR.

How long will it generally take to get the PR delivered to the address mentioned to the immigration officer on landing?
Officially 101 days, however can take anything between 2 to 4 months. You can link pr card to gckey account to track progress and updates

tejasomina

Nov 27, 2021
I and my spouse are FSW outland PRs. Landed in Nov-2021 for the first time in Canada.
We have linked our PR card applications in cic portal, and on 4-Feb the final decision was made as 'Your application was approved'. And the status changed to 'Your document is valid'.

However, we haven't received our cards yet, and we have raised web form inquiry on status of PR cards. We were not able to get hold of agent on phone.

We received a reply for the web form last week (after like a month) that "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process".

I am confused here. The cic portal says application is approved and the web form reply says it's still in process.

Do we have to wait for the PR cards to come in mail? Or can we try to find more information with any type of 'freedom of information' request?

• Wow
Reactions: kulb

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Good day everyone! My parents and sister landed on February 20th, my mom got her PR card 2 weeks later, however my dad and sister are still waiting for theirs? is there a phone line where I can inquire about this?
Thank you in advance!

• Wow
Reactions: kulb