+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Naz29

Apr 24, 2022
Hi,
I have applied for my PR renewal and IRCC has called me for an interview. I was wondering what kind of questions should I expect in the interview.
I have been living with my spouse (Canadian Citizen) outside Canada, which fulfills the RO.
How do they determine whether to give me the PR for 1 year vs. 5 years? Any advice on how to prepare for the interview?
Thanks

Reactions: Deenanath

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Hi,
I have applied for my PR renewal and IRCC has called me for an interview. I was wondering what kind of questions should I expect in the interview.
I have been living with my spouse (Canadian Citizen) outside Canada, which fulfills the RO.
How do they determine whether to give me the PR for 1 year vs. 5 years? Any advice on how to prepare for the interview?
Thanks
Hi,
Can you please share your timeline when you applied , when they started processing and when you got interview letter

Thanks

mandeep.127

Nov 22, 2021
Just sharing an update to my PR card renewal:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 10, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 18, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 21, 2022.
Never got to link it with GCkey, always had an error. Monitored through ECAS
how u get status of your card?
from where u check the status?

Naz29

Apr 24, 2022
Hi,
Can you please share your timeline when you applied , when they started processing and when you got interview letter

Thanks
Thank you for replying. Here is the timeline:

1. Applied for PR renewal on June 29, 2021
2. IRCC received it on July 3, 2021
3. IRCC returned original document on October 12, 2021
4. Received the date of interview via email on April 14, 2022
5. Interview is scheduled on April 25, 2022

Thanks

Reactions: PlUrb

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi,

our PR card is expiring on Sep 13 this year and we are planning to submit the application for PR renewal this week. Looks like PR card renewal may take more than four months. Once we submitted, can we travel outside Canada and come back with less than a week before expiry if possible. Have booked tickets assuming getting PR card renewal can be done quickly :(

Thanks

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hey guys,

my timeline is as follows (first card):

Landed: Montreal January 15th 2022 - I was told to update my address using eCAS but I was unable to find my application with eCAS so updated it with webform.
Application Received (per MyCIC): January 23rd

No update since then, apart from Ghost update yesterday.

if anyone has a solution to how to access eCAS, let me know. I keep getting application not found with the entire list of reasons.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi,

our PR card is expiring on Sep 13 this year and we are planning to submit the application for PR renewal this week. Looks like PR card renewal may take more than four months. Once we submitted, can we travel outside Canada and come back with less than a week before expiry if possible. Have booked tickets assuming getting PR card renewal can be done quickly :(

Thanks
Why don't you land in the US and drive across the border with copr ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey guys,

my timeline is as follows (first card):

Landed: Montreal January 15th 2022 - I was told to update my address using eCAS but I was unable to find my application with eCAS so updated it with webform.
Application Received (per MyCIC): January 23rd

No update since then, apart from Ghost update yesterday.

if anyone has a solution to how to access eCAS, let me know. I keep getting application not found with the entire list of reasons.
ecas wont show you details of first pr card. It is applicable only to cases mentioned in list of reasons.

I assume you have linked gckey and pr card, since you mentioned that you observed a GU. If this is first GU, it means your card has been sent to printing. Two weeks from there, your card should be approved and mailed out. Best Luck.

PS - I have timelines close to you, please check my signature for more details

Reactions: zm95

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Application sent in September
Acknowledgment received in December
In Process December 10
Ecas turned DM on 11 April
Received webform reply on Saturday that my application is still in process.
Confused if ecas turned DM then why webform reply saying my application bus still in process?

ay9842

Jul 14, 2019
Hello , I see so many people got pr card mailed out on 20th April, can anyone confirm if they received the card ?

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Thank you for replying. Here is the timeline:

1. Applied for PR renewal on June 29, 2021
2. IRCC received it on July 3, 2021
3. IRCC returned original document on October 12, 2021
4. Received the date of interview via email on April 14, 2022
5. Interview is scheduled on April 25, 2022

Thanks
Let us know what they asked in the interview

SSSSS

Mar 25, 2022
Hello , I see so many people got pr card mailed out on 20th April, can anyone confirm if they received the card ?
Received pr card today for myself and for my daughter. Traveling to india on may 1st .thank god I received it soon.

Reactions: CNP