+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

sam_canada

Oct 18, 2014
hello there

congratulations!!

i am just wondering what was your status on GC Key while you were waiting?

was it reviewing eligibility?

Finally...Finally received my PR card...It took 209 days (alomost 7 months)

Timeline:

1. Application Received: 24-Sep-2021
2. AOR received 03-Dec-2021
3. Decision Made in Feb-2022
4. Your PR Card was sent by mail on 14-Apr-2022
5. PR Card received 20-Apr-2022

sam_canada

Oct 18, 2014
Finally the PR Card Renewal Status turned "COMPLETE". Overall the process took 7 months :)
Over the period we sent 2 webforms, requested 1 gcms notes which never came and calls to IRCC.
Hopefully will receive the card in a week's time. Good Luck Everyone :)

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 3, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 3, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 19, 2022.
congratulations!!!

i was wondering what was your status on GC Key while waiting for your application to be completed.

was it?

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
For me too.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 7, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 4, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 4, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 20, 2022.
HI! Same date, have you received yours? my VO on my ECOPR is Vancouver

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 07, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 08, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 08, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 11, 2022.
I did not receive my card yet. Its almost 3 weeks now since the PR card is mailed. Anyone faced the same delay.

Thanks,

Irfan
which ciy is the mailing address? Im thinking it has to do it with. probably the more rural, the more delay?

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
I see so many people who got PR card mailed out on 20th April already received card on 22 April and remaining one got it yesterday. I have checked my mailbox and it’s not yet delivered.

As per current trend if it’s not delivered in 4-5 business days it’s mostly like lost or sent back to IRCC. I am really scared about being lost because I have to wait at least 6 week to submit SD, after that It will take another 3-4 months! I don’t want to wait additional 6 months.
Same, I check the mail box every dam day like a kid. my eCopr was approvied in Vancouver and mail address is in Penticton. Not sure if the address location has to do with the timeline.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
have you received yours? I had the same date, procssed in Vancouver VO :) mail address to Penticton BC
Not yet, a bit worried. Anyway we can track? Tried contacting IRCC and Canada Post, unfortunately none was able to help. Keeping fingers crossed.

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Not yet, a bit worried. Anyway we can track? Tried contacting IRCC and Canada Post, unfortunately none was able to help. Keeping fingers crossed.
No, but we can always call the IRCC contact centre. the PR Card department is easier to get into that for PR Status inquiry

Antioch27

Jun 12, 2018
Finally the PR Card Renewal Status turned "COMPLETE". Overall the process took 7 months :)
Over the period we sent 2 webforms, requested 1 gcms notes which never came and calls to IRCC.
Hopefully will receive the card in a week's time. Good Luck Everyone :)

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 3, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 3, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 19, 2022.
Was this the initial PR or renewal?

JJN

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
In case it helps anyone:

I sent my application for a PR card renewal last May (2021). I didn't hear anything back until I was in my home country in November. It had been sent back with a missing signature (dated from Sept even though it didn't arrive until Nov).

In March, I resent the application and I got this email:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 28, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 26, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 26, 2022.

Current Status: DECISION MADE

Maybe a full 12 months (if not more) to get a turn around on this one...