+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ay9842

Jul 14, 2019
Received pr card today for myself and for my daughter. Traveling to india on may 1st .thank god I received it soon.
Did you receive in morning or evening! I was expecting it today but it’s not yet delivered. I am in Waterloo Ontario

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
we don't have US visa to land in US. I am not able to reach the immigration customer care as well. Can we submit the application now and meanwhile Can we come back with PR card with one week to expiry assuming we cant get PR card for minimum four months.

Reactions: PlUrb

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I have applied for my PR renewal and IRCC has called me for an interview. I was wondering what kind of questions should I expect in the interview.
I have been living with my spouse (Canadian Citizen) outside Canada, which fulfills the RO.
How do they determine whether to give me the PR for 1 year vs. 5 years? Any advice on how to prepare for the interview?
Here is the timeline:
1. Applied for PR renewal on June 29, 2021
2. IRCC received it on July 3, 2021
3. IRCC returned original document on October 12, 2021
4. Received the date of interview via email on April 14, 2022
5. Interview is scheduled on April 25, 2022
Appears too late to respond to your query, but hopefully you will advise the forum about your interview.

Reports about PR card application processing interviews are not common in the forum. What I know about them comes more from reading IAD decisions (where PRs have appealed a decision to terminate their PR status), and fitting the typically minimal references to the interview into the scheme of what we know about how the process works based on Operational Manuals and PDIs (Program Delivery Instructions), mostly in regards to the process of conducting a formal Residency Obligation compliance examination and the preparation of a 44(1) Report, followed by a Removal Order.

I encourage you to report to us how this went and what it is about, so that the forum can be better informed. I also suggest you start a new topic to do this, since it is a separate and distinct subject. We really could use your input. And in response perhaps we could offer some information and observations if following your interview you have ongoing questions or concerns.

You appear confident, perhaps certain, there is no Residency Obligation compliance issue. In contrast, the few actual cases we know about, involving interviews at this stage of PR card application processing, are almost all about examining the PR in regards to RO compliance.

One of the issues the forum is following, which has popped up in more cases in recent years, are situations in which living with a Canadian citizen spouse abroad does not get credit toward RO compliance. The credit is available to PRs who are "accompanying" their Canadian citizen spouse abroad, which in some cases requires showing more than living together. But if you were IN Canada when you made the application for a new PR card, and have remained in Canada since the summer of 2021 (when you made the PR card application), hardly seems likely that IRCC would be pushing this even if your situation might otherwise raise a question about who-accompanied-whom.

There are of course several issues that can otherwise have an impact on a PR card application and which could be the subject of an interview, ranging from not being eligible because the PR was not IN Canada to consideration of H&C relief factors if an officer has ascertained the PR RO was not met. But again, we do not see many reports about this, so further information from you would be helpful.

Regarding one year versus five year PR Card: the one-year PR card is typically for PRs after a decision to terminate their PR status, such as after a PR TD application has been denied or a Removal Order for inadmissibility issued, or at least a 44(1) Report has been prepared and is pending.

Again, you are engaged in a stage of processing we do not get much good reporting about but which can be of much importance to affected PRs, so further information from you will be appreciated.

IN Particular, Please Post More About Your Situation and the Interview, preferably in a new topic.

sam_canada

Oct 18, 2014
Hello All

for all of you who are still waiting for their PR card, what is the status you have on GC Key ??

is it like the following:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Reactions: Deenanath

Yuka1982

Apr 26, 2022
Hello there.

I am waiting for my first pr card.
My partner’s and my photos were rejected and re-applied on March 5th.
My partner’s card had arrived on April 4th but mine hasn’t:/.
I am currently outside of Canada. Does anyone know what phone number I should call to talk to ircc?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello there.

I am waiting for my first pr card.
My partner’s and my photos were rejected and re-applied on March 5th.
My partner’s card had arrived on April 4th but mine hasn’t:/.
I am currently outside of Canada. Does anyone know what phone number I should call to talk to ircc?
1 888 242 2100

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Hello All

for all of you who are still waiting for their PR card, what is the status you have on GC Key ??

is it like the following:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Tried hard but can't link my application to GC Key.
Online ecas turned DM couple of weeks back but the webform reply received recently says application still under process.
Confused