+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

dober

May 23, 2016
I am on the same boat as well.
PR CARD APPLICATION STATUS: Decision Made
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 4, 2021.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on December 6, 2021.

I have submitted request for notes through Access to Information Act too. Lets keep each other posted and hope we get the cards soon. Mine is for a PR Card renewal.
Will do. Same - PR Renewal as well. Good luck to you too!

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
So as I already posted I have been waiting over 8 months. We are traveling in April. Has anyone had issues flying with expired PR cards?
Brady, there will be no problem flying out of Canada with an expired PR card, but you ll need a valid PR card or PRTD to enter back in Canada

cyamakk

Feb 15, 2022
The status is still DM. Does anyone knows what's happening?
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 17, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 17, 2022.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thank you, mine is almost same timeline, but its still in process. Congrats atleast you received one card. Same as your daughter no communication for my wife so far. I am a bit worried as i need to travel in May, hope we get it soon.
Hello,
Any update on your daughter's renewal. Nothing for my wife so far.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Here is my wife's timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 8, 2022.
Any update on your daughters renewal application. Nothing for my wife so far.

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Hi everyone, I landed in November 2021 as a PR and my card was mailed in January. When I had not received it by March, I reached out to my MP for assistance. When the 6 weeks wait period lapsed, I then sent the solemn declaration form via fax. 8 business days after, I got my card in the mail. How can I tell if this is the new card or old card. There is no update in GCKey so I can't tell if they 'received' the solemn declaration form. I want to call IRCC and confirm but I can never get connected to an agent. Do I just wait it out? The card number is a different format from the document number in GCKey so I don't want to compare apples to oranges.

Gerry626

Feb 28, 2022
Brady, there will be no problem flying out of Canada with an expired PR card, but you ll need a valid PR card or PRTD to enter back in Canada
Was considering the PRTD too since I'll be flying out soon but I haven't received my pr card. Heard from others that it can take up to 6 months for a PRTD.

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Was considering the PRTD too since I'll be flying out soon but I haven't received my pr card. Heard from others that it can take up to 6 months for a PRTD.
I believe its depends how busy is visa center where are applying from and the complexity of your application. I got in 2 weeks from Pakistan. It was my 2nd trip out of Canada in last 5 years

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Will do. Same - PR Renewal as well. Good luck to you too!
I got connected to the IRCC agent miraculously (I call every day and get disconnected with the message that they are very busy). Officer who reviewed my file today mentioned that the timelines are way past the processing time (typically takes 134 days and my application was received in Oct'2021). He said that he has sent a reminder regarding my file and hoping it will help. No concerning comments on the application and so he was unsure why the application is still in processing. Strangely when I check online, status is 'Decision Made' where as the officer mentioned that he sees the status as 'In progress'.

And adding to the confusion, I did get connected to another officer 2 weeks back. The officer who reviewed my file then said that though my application was received on Oct 4th, processing started from Dec 9th. Processing time starts on Dec 9th and it takes 134 days from Dec 9th and that my application is well within the processing timeline.

Contradicting responses in the 2 times that I managed to connect. Don't know what to infer, however I am going to keep trying.

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
hi , in ecas , status is saying completed and card sent on mar 9th . but not received yet. how long would it take usually ? any idea?
do i need to collect from canada post or will come to home address ?

Reactions: SwatiB

Taj339

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
I believe its depends how busy is visa center where are applying from and the complexity of your application. I got in 2 weeks from Pakistan. It was my 2nd trip out of Canada in last 5 years
I have joined a PRTD group on WhatsApp as per most of timelines from india it takes 3-6 months

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I had a ghost update on my PR renewal today. I guess something is gonna happen soon.

Received: 20 Dec
AOR: 11 Feb