+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Pr card renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on Feb 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 15, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2022.
In status says : Decision Made
Thats real quick, good luck

noabI

Mar 15, 2022
I submitted a request for urgent processing last Feb 24 and I received a reply stating that my request has been forwarded to the responsible office. My application was received and I got email confirmation as well last Sep 24.Since I need to travel next month, I sent the urgent request last Feb 24. Is there anyone on this forum who requested for urgent processing? How long was the wait? Thank you.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hello All,

My wife landed as PR on 13th Feb 2022. What are the timelines to get first PR card now-a-days?

Office told us that it will take 3 months. will it take that much time?

Reactions: Metfar

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone
I did become pr may 2021 and also did the first application for pr card on may 2021. It was approved and mailed on September 1st but never received it, did solemn declaration on 15th of October which 6 weeks after, i raised a webform after 3 months and received answer that it said card was approved and sent for production, my cic account still says approved from the first application but old card information was removed. Is there anyone else in same situations? How long production takes ? Im in 11th month since i did my first pr card application.

Fahaduzzaman

Mar 3, 2022
Hi,

I submitted for urgent processing and the package was delivered on 22nd February by UPS.
Tracker:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 23, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2022
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 3rd, 2022.
Decision made was on March 2nd and I received the card today . I am based out in Toronto. My bottleneck was when they mailed it out and receiving the card today on March 15th. Honestly didn't expect to be this quick.

I believe first you need to find whether your request was accepted as an urgent application, if not then it would be processed normally.
Good Luck !!
How to apply for urgent processing?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I submitted a request for urgent processing last Feb 24 and I received a reply stating that my request has been forwarded to the responsible office. My application was received and I got email confirmation as well last Sep 24.Since I need to travel next month, I sent the urgent request last Feb 24. Is there anyone on this forum who requested for urgent processing? How long was the wait? Thank you.
There are scores of topics specifically about urgent PR card processing and many discussions about urgent processing scattered about the processing time topics. The forum has a search function which can be used to find some of these discussions.

Generally the news is NOT positive. Here is a quote from what I posted about this subject just a bit over a year ago:

There have been rather few reports of IRCC actually expediting PR card applications based on requests for urgent processing.
In regards to this, things have not changed much if at all since then (except that routine processing timelines are better now).

There is a link in that quote (an up-arrow) that will take you to that full post and the thread where it was posted. You will not, however, find encouraging news there.

Also note that the processing timeline for most PR card applications is much shorter than your timeline so far. It appears your application has gone into one sort of non-routine processing or another. It is uncommon, perhaps rare, for applications involved in non-routine processing to get expedited processing, despite meeting the criteria for which IRCC will (at its discretion) urgently process an application.

On the other hand, your PRC application has been in process long enough perhaps it was already close to completion, so you could be pleasantly surprised and soon see a Decision-Made, followed by the production and delivery of a new PR card. But there is no way to know if this is happening and unless your application was close to being finalized anyway, it is not likely the request for urgent processing will accelerate how soon you get a new PR card.

Basically, you cannot count on having a new PR card in time to travel next month.

Which, if you really need to travel, will leave you dependent on applying for and being issued a PR Travel Document, once you are abroad, unless you have status to travel to the U.S. and can return to Canada through the States (flying into the U.S. and traveling by road to a Canadian Port-of-Entry on the U.S./Canada border).

Reactions: noabI and A_S

Jam@can123

Jul 7, 2021
Hi,
Did you receive your card? Also, did you call IRCC, I never get to talk to the agent. Also, how did you raise the request with the Canada Post? Can we get the tracking number any way?
Hi,
Please let me know how to request Canada post to track it as it is sent by regular mail

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi,
Please let me know how to request Canada post to track it as it is sent by regular mail
You cannot track a regular mail, however you may request them to check if you are getting mails as to be received . If there is no mails, you wont receive any. All I did was asked them politely to check if mails were delivered correctly, since I already had issues with mails delivered in wrong unit mail box.

dober

May 23, 2016
Wondering whether folks have any thoughts on my status. Should I just call the CIC? Here's my status and timelines,

PR CARD APPLICATION STATUS: Decision Made
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2021.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on December 6, 2021.

Email for #2 received on 6th Dec. No further progress or communication though status has said Decision Made since 6th Dec too. I also submitted a request for notes through Access to Information Act on Feb 15th. No progress on that either.

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Wondering whether folks have any thoughts on my status. Should I just call the CIC? Here's my status and timelines,

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 23, 2021.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2021.

Email for #2 received on 6th Dec. No further progress or communication though status has said Decision Made since 6th Dec too. I also submitted a request for notes through Access to Information Act on Feb 15th. No progress on that either.
I am on the same boat as well.
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 4, 2021.

I have submitted request for notes through Access to Information Act too. Lets keep each other posted and hope we get the cards soon. Mine is for a PR Card renewal.

Reactions: dober

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Final disposition on my PR card.
Applied last March. Card was printed 29 September. Picked it up today, 16 March.

Basically one year, with 6 months to process and 6 months for the card.

My PRTD application also took around 6 months for them to get back to me.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I am on the same boat as well.
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 4, 2021.

I have submitted request for notes through Access to Information Act too. Lets keep each other posted and hope we get the cards soon. Mine is for a PR Card renewal.
That’s what mine looked like - decision made, but no status when I tried to check it.

They had mailed it to CIC, and it sat there for 6 months until they sent a letter to come get it.

Faiz Dogar

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
I had been into similar situation. I got AOR on Oct 22nd, sent urgent request in Dec as I was travelling in Jan, got same answer " application has been forward to the responsible office". My application is still with the "RESPONSIBLE OFFICE", I travelled in Jan and got travel documents to come back.

They always have new excuses, first was Covid, then Afghanistan crises, now they ll have new one Ukrain crises. They do not really understand the applicant is also in crises that why he/she is requesting for urgency to the application.

Reactions: twztedelegance

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
So as I already posted I have been waiting over 8 months. We are traveling in April. Has anyone had issues flying with expired PR cards?