+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi,

I sent 2 PR card renewal applications (wife and dependent daughter) in one envelope. I paid for both application with one receipt (100 CAD). My wife's application was received in Jan 24, 2022. We received the new card 2 days ago. However, no update yet on my daughter's application, when it was received etc. I already sent a webform inquiry. No response yet.

Thanks for any insights.
i am into the same boat, i applied with my wife, same way as you, two apps one envelope, one fee receipt, i got an AOR that my app was received on Jan, 20 and my application is in process. Not heard anything for my wife. Not sure whats going on, atleast you received pr cards for one, can you share the timeline of your wife please. Thank you.

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Hi,
Did you receive your card? Also, did you call IRCC, I never get to talk to the agent. Also, how did you raise the request with the Canada Post? Can we get the tracking number any way?
No I didnt get the card in today's mail, was sent on 3rd March. For IRCC try calling the number 888-242-2100 few times early morning. Call Canada Post and explain to them that you are expecting an urgent mail and haven't received it, they will open a ticket and someone from the mail office will check.Nothing for me yet. When was your card mailed ?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
My PR returned to Case processing officer on Feb10th and I got a mail from CSE and asked to provide recent mailing address. I sent the details on Feb 10th and since then no response. Not sure whether they recieved it not but am yet to recieve my PR card. Anyone facing the same issue?
I booked my flight tickets for May 4th. Is there any way to Contact IRCC other than web form ?
try calling the number 888-242-2100 few times early morning.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I did try 8.15 am as well.. But could nt connect to the agent... Few instances I was waiting to connect to agent and phn disconnected.. Any idea when should I try.. My status.. Got decision made since October mid 2021 but since than no update..

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Hi, Did you provide the requested documents?
Our timeline is similar -
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2021.
Since then, nothing. Some are waiting up to a year..... so hang in there.

Gerry626

Feb 28, 2022
Sharing some updates to my timeline:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 10, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 18, 2022.
Called IRCC on March 10th and was told that my card was actually sent out for production, and that it would be produced that day (March 10th)

Called IRCC today, March 14th, and was told that due to an administrative error on their end, they were unable to print my card. Was also told that they're unsure of when this error would be corrected and that until it is, they would be holding off on printing the card.

Last edited:

Ramsima

Feb 2, 2022
Sharing some updates to my timeline:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 10, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 18, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 18, 2022.
Called IRCC on March 10th and was told that my card was actually sent out for production, and that it would be produced that day (March 10th)

Called IRCC today, March 14th, and was told that due to an administrative error on their end, they were unable to print my card. Was also told that they're unsure of when this error would be corrected and that until it is, they would holding off on printing the card.
Hi dear, Would you provide the number you called IRCC? Appreciate your help

Anand2021

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi,

I received my eCoPR on March 11, 2022, and I linked my PR card application on the same day in GCKey.

Today, I received my first GU for my PR card application. What does it mean? does it mean that photo is accepted by IRCC??

rpalevino

Jan 15, 2022
i am into the same boat, i applied with my wife, same way as you, two apps one envelope, one fee receipt, i got an AOR that my app was received on Jan, 20 and my application is in process. Not heard anything for my wife. Not sure whats going on, atleast you received pr cards for one, can you share the timeline of your wife please. Thank you.
Here is my wife's timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 8, 2022.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Here is my wife's timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 24, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 8, 2022.
Thank you, mine is almost same timeline, but its still in process. Congrats atleast you received one card. Same as your daughter no communication for my wife so far. I am a bit worried as i need to travel in May, hope we get it soon.

ravneetpjs

Mar 14, 2022
No I didnt get the card in today's mail, was sent on 3rd March. For IRCC try calling the number 888-242-2100 few times early morning. Call Canada Post and explain to them that you are expecting an urgent mail and haven't received it, they will open a ticket and someone from the mail office will check.Nothing for me yet. When was your card mailed ?
My card was mailed on March 10th. Which province are you from?

Taj339

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Is there any way i can check status of my application without AOR not sure what to do i haven't received any update or confirmation yet,as per fedex it was received on jan 19

Elena2015

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Pr card renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on Feb 23, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 15, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on March 15, 2022.
In status says : Decision Made

Reactions: Taj339