+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

samzzz

Jan 7, 2021
I've sent an online inquiry on December 15 two days before I got AOR email, here is their response after a month:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production on January 8, 2021.

How will I receive my card?
Once produced, the PR card is generally mailed to you directly. It is also possible that you are asked to pick it up in person.
This random selection for in-person pick up is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR Card applications.
If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be asked to bring with you.
Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible."

I'm still in Decision Made status without mailed out line.

Anyone has in-person pickup experience? (apparently it is probable for some cases)

Dec 17, 2020
How many of you (october 2020 applicants) are seeing "Decision Made" status on ECAS? My apllication is stuck in "Processing" status since my AOR. Application was received on 21st October 2020 and AOR was received on 17th December and nothing since then..

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
I've sent an online inquiry on December 15 two days before I got AOR email, here is their response after a month:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production on January 8, 2021.

How will I receive my card?
Once produced, the PR card is generally mailed to you directly. It is also possible that you are asked to pick it up in person.
This random selection for in-person pick up is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR Card applications.
If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be asked to bring with you.
Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible."

I'm still in Decision Made status without mailed out line.

Anyone has in-person pickup experience? (apparently it is probable for some cases)
Click on that 'Decision Made' it should open some more lines

samzzz

Jan 7, 2021
Click on that 'Decision Made' it should open some more lines
No nothing added, it's still like this:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 22, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2020.

HZAKEREH

Jan 11, 2021
How many of you (october 2020 applicants) are seeing "Decision Made" status on ECAS? My apllication is stuck in "Processing" status since my AOR. Application was received on 21st October 2020 and AOR was received on 17th December and nothing since then..
I sent my applicarion in october, on january 13th i received an email, checked the ircc site and status was in process; on january 14th i checked again and status was changed to decision made
try to call them to find out

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi,
Has anyone received his/her renewed PR card in January? Mine has been “decision made” since 10 days ago( received: 28 Oct, AOR: December 30). Although it’s not exceeded normal processing time and 15 days left to exceed that processing time in their website, I’ve expected to receive the renewed card or at least to see the “PR card mailed” status after 10 days. I remember some applicants in this thread whose renewed card were mailed only a few days after their “Decision Made” status had showed up!

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi,
Has anyone received his/her renewed PR card in January? Mine has been “decision made” since 10 days ago( received: 28 Oct, AOR: December 30). Although it’s not exceeded normal processing time and 15 days left to exceed that processing time in their website, I’ve expected to receive the renewed card or at least to see the “PR card mailed” status after 10 days. I remember some applicants in this thread whose renewed card were mailed only a few days after their “Decision Made” status had showed up!
Looking at several individual posts on the forum who have called IRCC, it seems that for a straight forward case decision made is that the file is in card production queue.

That being said I have not seen any recent updates of anyone receiving their cards in January. I suspect some delay due to additional lockdowns maybe in terms of card production. I guess this is one activity that cannot be done from home and you would need staff in office and any staffing issues will definitely result in delays. Hoping though that it is resolved soon.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Looking at several individual posts on the forum who have called IRCC, it seems that for a straight forward case decision made is that the file is in card production queue.

That being said I have not seen any recent updates of anyone receiving their cards in January. I suspect some delay due to additional lockdowns maybe in terms of card production. I guess this is one activity that cannot be done from home and you would need staff in office and any staffing issues will definitely result in delays. Hoping though that it is resolved soon.
I appreciate your detailed reply. Thanks

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wanted to update everyone, seems that both systems are really broken. My account has my application and is still stuck on we are processing your application since Dec. 16, check application status shows Decision Made and when I click on it; it takes me to details saying we are processing your application with the date of Dec. 16.
I know someone who got me information from IRCC directly and the cards were actually sent for production on the 13th of January. Moral of the story, don't depend on either systems

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I wanted to update everyone, seems that both systems are really broken. My account has my application and is still stuck on we are processing your application since Dec. 16, check application status shows Decision Made and when I click on it; it takes me to details saying we are processing your application with the date of Dec. 16.
I know someone who got me information from IRCC directly and the cards were actually sent for production on the 13th of January. Moral of the story, don't depend on either systems
Their system is not broken. Since we have three defined statuses in their system, namely “processing”, “decision made”, and “PR card mailed”, and your card is still waiting to be printed/produced in their very long line, you can’t see any other statuses other than “decision made” right now. As soon as your card is mailed, you would see the very final status, called “PR card mailed”. I’m not sure whether we should consider it as a weakness in their system or what! But that’s what it is! Three statuses defined here! It’s not broken. It’s just what it is right now, and it’s how their system in their website is designed for.

Last edited:

Mickys

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Aug 2016
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2016
PR Card Renwal

I sent courier(canada post) on 12th Nov and it shows me delivered on 18th Nov 2020.

I have't received any email or confirmation.

Question:
1) is it normal because of covid? or my application is missed and I have to fill again?
2) How login it is taking now days to get renewal card?