+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I had 3 applications, not 2. I provided both residential and mailing address in all the 3 applications (two separate addresses), only 2 ECAS had the 2 addresses updated, one Had only the residential address updated.

The scary thing was that they cards were sent randomly to whichever address they felt like. The application that did not have the home address updated on its ECAS, incidentally got sent to the home address. Just arbitrarily.

I called IRCC after though and had them look into our profile. found out I had stale phone numbers, emails and addresses tied to my initial application of several years back, still active in my profile. I had them remove all the irrelevant ones. Hopefully there isn't further mix up next time.
Honestly, it’s too scary. I have an old address tied to my initial application of 5 yrs ago! I don’t even know the people living in that house anymore, LOL... What if they mail my card to that address? They should know that our current address is the one written in our renewal application. Frankly, it’s really really scary. When should I call them to make sure no obsolete address is tied to my account? After getting my AOR?

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Honestly, it’s too scary. I have an old address tied to my initial application of 5 yrs ago! I don’t even know the people living in that house anymore, LOL... What if they mail my card to that address? They should know that our current address is the one written in our renewal application. Frankly, it’s really really scary. When should I call them to make sure no obsolete address is tied to my account? After getting my AOR?
You can call them anytime to work on your account. Better to get rid of an obsolete address before a mail is mistakenly sent there.

Mar 16, 2017
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Canadian PR holder currently stuck in India due to Covid .

My Husband, Daughter and I became Canadian PR in July 2018.

after becoming Canadian PR we had to move back to India to look after my old parents in law as my father-in-law had to undergo Open Heart Bypass Surgery.

In July 2019 my husband went alone and moved to Canada to search for a job and settle. I stayed back with my daughter in India to look after my parents in law. I got the full time permanent job in Toronto and currently my husband is a full time employee with one of the Canadian organisations in Toronto.

My plan was to travel back (My daughter and I) to Canada in March 2020 and stay with my husband but due to Covid Pandemic our plan got cancelled.

Now, I am planning to travel to Canada in the month of April 2021 and join my husband in Toronto.

Is my PR status still valid to travel to Canada?

Do I need to get any other formalities or procedures completed before travelling to Canada?

or do I need to apply for a Travel Document?

Your guidance and confirmation on the mentioned case is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Vinita

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
What do you guys usually add for the reason of a trip? Do you think "for pleasure" would be odd to them? It should be "vacation" only? Do officers care for such things?!

kmahmoud

May 29, 2014
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Canadian PR holder currently stuck in India due to Covid .

My Husband, Daughter and I became Canadian PR in July 2018.

after becoming Canadian PR we had to move back to India to look after my old parents in law as my father-in-law had to undergo Open Heart Bypass Surgery.

In July 2019 my husband went alone and moved to Canada to search for a job and settle. I stayed back with my daughter in India to look after my parents in law. I got the full time permanent job in Toronto and currently my husband is a full time employee with one of the Canadian organisations in Toronto.

My plan was to travel back (My daughter and I) to Canada in March 2020 and stay with my husband but due to Covid Pandemic our plan got cancelled.

Now, I am planning to travel to Canada in the month of April 2021 and join my husband in Toronto.

Is my PR status still valid to travel to Canada?

Do I need to get any other formalities or procedures completed before travelling to Canada?

or do I need to apply for a Travel Document?

Your guidance and confirmation on the mentioned case is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Vinita
you said you became PR in 2018, PR card is valid for 5 years, so your card should be ok to come back, you can go in and out as long as your card is valid, after spending 2 years in Canada, you submit for PR renewal, regardless of the validity of the card itself, as it is just a travel document to allow you to enter Canada.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 19, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 21, 2020.
I got my card today. Goodluck everyone.

Sam99007

Nov 27, 2020
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 19, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2020.
Which office did you mailed your photos

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
What do you guys usually add for the reason of a trip? Do you think "for pleasure" would be odd to them? It should be "vacation" only? Do officers care for such things?!
Just write the real reason. If it was a vacation, just write “vacation”. If you travelled to meet your family, just write it. Frankly, as long as your honest in filling your application, you’re fine.

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Congrats. Was it a PR car renewal or new PR card?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
but when i cick on it, it states could be acceptance or rejection
If you’re confident enough that you completely meet RO requirements, like you have about 10-30 days over 730 days, then it’s definitely positive. It takes some time for the status to be changed to “mailed”, specifically when we’re in the very middle of holidays. Hopefully you will see the change in your status soon and get your card. Cheers!

Reactions: Perry Remy