+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Which services do you recommend? Canadapost? UPS or Fedex? I heard that Post Canada had several instances of missing parcels here n there. Any ideas for sending PR renewal forms?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Which services do you recommend? Canadapost? UPS or Fedex? I heard that Post Canada had several instances of missing parcels here n there. Any ideas for sending PR renewal forms?
I used Canada Post- priority service with a tracking number in October to submit my PR renewal application. I had no problem and it was delivered 3 days later. I used Canada post in April as well, and it was fine. However, I strongly recommend that whichever company you choose, just choose a service with a tracking number for both ease of your mind and the ability to track your parcels. By the way, depending on the company you use, there are two different addresses to send your application to.

If you wanna use Canada Post(which is a regular mail) you should send it to:

Case Processing Centre — PR Card
P.O. Box 10020
SYDNEY, NS B1P 7C1
CANADA

And if you wanna use couriers such as Fedex and UPS, you should send it to:

Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Good luck!

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
I used Canada Post- priority service with a tracking number in October to submit my PR renewal application. I had no problem and it was delivered 3 days later. I used Canada post in April as well, and it was fine. However, I strongly recommend that whichever company you choose, just choose a service with a tracking number for both ease of your mind and the ability to track your parcels. By the way, depending on the company you use, there are two different addresses. to send your application to.

If you wanna use Canada Post(which is a regular mail) you should send it to:

Case Processing Centre — PR Card
P.O. Box 10020
SYDNEY, NS B1P 7C1
CANADA

And if you wanna use couriers such as Fedex and UPS, you should send it to:

Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Good luck!
All services of canada post are regular (sending to Sydney)? even those they call it registered (which is more expensive) and we can track it?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
All services of canada post are regular (sending to Sydney)? even those they call it registered (which is more expensive) and we can track it?
Yes, whichever Canada post service you use (regular, express, or priority), it’s called regular mail. The others such as Fedex and UPS are considered as couriers.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Anybody knows what is the main reason of providing two addresses? what is the main difference between parcel delivery by regular post or courier? which address might receive more requests or perhaps which address is better managed by IRCC?

jamshad

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Hi All
Your advice is highly appreciated to clarify what identity documents to be attached for PR renewal applications. Also Passport copies shall be colored or back&white and approximately how many days time line for PR renewal now a day.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Canadian PR holder currently stuck in India due to Covid .

My Husband, Daughter and I became Canadian PR in July 2018.

after becoming Canadian PR we had to move back to India to look after my old parents in law as my father-in-law had to undergo Open Heart Bypass Surgery.

In July 2019 my husband went alone and moved to Canada to search for a job and settle. I stayed back with my daughter in India to look after my parents in law. I got the full time permanent job in Toronto and currently my husband is a full time employee with one of the Canadian organisations in Toronto.

My plan was to travel back (My daughter and I) to Canada in March 2020 and stay with my husband but due to Covid Pandemic our plan got cancelled.

Now, I am planning to travel to Canada in the month of April 2021 and join my husband in Toronto.

Is my PR status still valid to travel to Canada?

Do I need to get any other formalities or procedures completed before travelling to Canada?

or do I need to apply for a Travel Document?

Your guidance and confirmation on the mentioned case is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Vinita
Based on the information you provided, you do not have a problem if returning in April 2020 to stay until you meet 730 days required for PR Card renewal. Just travel with the PR card you have back to Canada.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All
1. Also Passport copies shall be colored or back&white and approximately
2. how many days time line for PR renewal now a day.
1. True copy(colour photocopy) is always better for ID/document proof.
2. Track the posts couple of pages before in this thread.

Perry Remy

Dec 2, 2020
I received an email from IRCC that my application has been processed. when i checked my account it stated that decision was made. The problem now that i discovered that my mailing address was the first address i put for my first PR which is definitely now obsolete. So i changed it on the 24th to my current home address which states that it takes 5 business days for the change to take place. I'm worried that they mail my card(incase of approval of course) to the old address ( which i don't anyone there right now)before it is changed on the account . Any one had a similar experience could advice me what did they do to make sure that the card is mailed to the right address.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
I received an email from IRCC that my application has been processed. when i checked my account it stated that decision was made. The problem now that i discovered that my mailing address was the first address i put for my first PR which is definitely now obsolete. So i changed it on the 24th to my current home address which states that it takes 5 business days for the change to take place. I'm worried that they mail my card(incase of approval of course) to the old address ( which i don't anyone there right now)before it is changed on the account . Any one had a similar experience could advice me what did they do to make sure that the card is mailed to the right address.
They are not that quick, it takes a decade for them to take next steps dnt worry. They also have a phone # to call (search IRCC web page). Btw, when did you first sent your package? and when did they first emailed you that they rcvd package and started working on it?

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
They are not that quick, it takes a decade for them to take next steps dnt worry. They also have a phone # to call (search IRCC web page). Btw, when did you first sent your package? and when did they first emailed you that they rcvd package and started working on it?
I found this phone # on another forum elsewhere, call them, perhaps they can help: 18882422100

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
They should send your card to your home address that you wrote in your application form. They also mentioned in the website that they don’t mail PR cards to third party addresses(mailing address).I’ve only seen one case like this here. However, that case is still unclear for me. So, don’t worry. Did you use the webform to change your address? What did you choose for “type of application/Enquiry”? Change of contact information?

• Wow
Reactions: AJ JIPP

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Just call them early the next possible working day. You might have to wait on the line a bit, but it is worth it.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
They should send your card to your home address that you wrote in your application form. They also mentioned in the website that they don’t mail PR cards to third party addresses(mailing address).I’ve only seen one case like this here. However, that case is still unclear for me. So, don’t worry. Did you use the webform to change your address? What did you choose for “type of application/Enquiry”? Change of contact information?
That address is on the applicants ECAS. IRCC can send the card/s there. I think the applicant should not leave it to chance but call to verify and possibly effect changes. It happened in my case and I called and got rid of those obsolete addresses from my profile. Hope this helps.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Just call them early the next possible working day. You might have to wait on the line a bit, but it is worth it.
If we want to change our address, and if we’ve not received an AOR yet, which way is the best way to change our address? Because there is an online form in the website to change the address, but it specifically says, “use this online service if you have an application in process”. So, my problem is, my application is not processed yet(no AOR). Can I still use that? Or I should use the webform to let them know?