+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Which address do they mail the cards to? The one we write in the application form or the one they have in CIC website? I have the same issue. My current correct address is the one I wrote in the application form when I applied for PR renewal. However, the address they have in their system is the one I gave them when I landed 5 yrs ago. Do I need to change my address in CIC website? or the one they have in the PR renewal application form is enough?
I wrote 2 Addresses on the applications, hoping they will be sending the cards to the Mailing address. Apparently, looks like they send it arbitrarily to whichever they prefer. Just not consistent.

Reactions: IReev

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
What s ur time line copr if you don't mind
Landed May 2018 and returned to my home country within a few days of landing. I did not apply for a PR card or SIN at the time of landing because I didn't have an address to use and I made it clear to the IRCC that I was soft landing.
Returned and filed my first PR card application via courier in September 2020.
AOR on November 17th 2020.

The application has been stuck in "Submitted" status ever since and the only piece of information is
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
I really don't understand this since I am nowhere near outside of RO and other people seem to be processed within a few days. My passport is also from a highly developed and low risk country.

Reactions: Tamim8

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi Folks, this is timeline for 3 separate family members - PR Card Renewal:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 16, 2020.
2 of the cards were received 19th November, 1 is still yet to come in. Just wondering why as it is getting to 3 weeks since IRCC posted it. Any similar postage delay please?
Hi when did you courier or mail the application ?

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
Thank you. I understand these;
  • a job opportunity.
  • your own serious illness.
  • the death of a family member.
  • work related to your current job.
  • the serious illness of a family member.

as grounds for urgent application. Do you only mention this in your request letter, or will it require some sort of proof?
You need to send proof, pictures, evidence, exam results, doctors letter.. in the case of a health issue or so.

And you explain in the letter.

It's very straightforward, as they have mentioned on the ircc website.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I wrote 2 Addresses on the applications, hoping they will be sending the cards to the Mailing address. Apparently, looks like they send it arbitrarily to whichever they prefer. Just not consistent.
They don’t mail cards to your mailing address. They’ve specifically mentioned in the instruction guide that they mail cards to only residential addresses. They only use mailing address for communicating with you in case you’ve not written your email address in the application form. If you wrote your email address, then the mailing address is useless.

“Note: If you provide your mailing address, all correspondence will be sent there. However, PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses. If you provide a third party address, your PR Card will be sent to your residential address (the address where you live). PR Cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if this is your residential mailing address. If you do not provide your residential address, processing will be delayed until you provide it.”

Source: IRCC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamim8

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Received PR cards (renewed) for myself and my two children. Here is my timeline:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 2, 2020.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 19, 2020.
We started processing your application on November 19, 2020.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 3, 2020.

Cards received yesterday (8th of December). We are based in Ottawa.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
They don’t mail cards to your mailing address. They’ve specifically mentioned in the instruction guide that they mail cards to only residential addresses. They only use mailing address for communicating with you in case you’ve not written your email address in the application form. If you wrote your email address, then the mailing address is useless.

“Note: If you provide your mailing address, all correspondence will be sent there. However, PR Cards will not be mailed to third party addresses. If you provide a third party address, your PR Card will be sent to your residential address (the address where you live). PR Cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if this is your residential mailing address. If you do not provide your residential address, processing will be delayed until you provide it.”

Source: IRCC:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html
If you refer to my earlier explanation, 1 card was sent to my mailing address, and the other to my residential address. That completely negates the info on your pasted link. I am awaiting the 3rd card to be delivered.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
You need to send proof, pictures, evidence, exam results, doctors letter.. in the case of a health issue or so.

And you explain in the letter.

It's very straightforward, as they have mentioned on the ircc website.
Thanks, pretty detailed.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
September 7th
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 15, 2020.
Since you sent your application on September 7, For point # 1, how did you know that your application was received ? I sent my application via Courier on November 17, 2020 and I have not received any update via email.

AJ JIPP

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Since you sent your application on September 7, For point # 1, how did you know that your application was received ? I sent my application via Courier on November 17, 2020 and I have not received any update via email.
Keep checking the Ecas, it will update when a IRCC staff updates your profiles. I kept checking mine from October but only found an update on November 15th. That was the day I also got the acknowledgement email.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Keep checking the Ecas, it will update when a IRCC staff updates your profiles. I kept checking mine from October but only found an update on November 15th. That was the day I also got the acknowledgement email.
Thank you for that valuable info.