+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

afaisalnwo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

Got my PR card today in the mailbox.

But there is no update on my wife's PR Card Application. It is still in submitted status. We got the GU on the same day.

Timeline in the signature.

afaisalnwo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I did the same thing as well. My wife got her PR card (1.5 months back) and I have not yet received mine. The status on my profile is "Submitted" and they received my application on 20th August. :(
I am also worried. I don't know how IRCC processes the cards...:(

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I am also worried. I don't know how IRCC processes the cards...:(
I just called them and they give generic answers that the application is in process and we cannot give a timeline as to when you might receive the card :/

Also, nothing to worry, you have your COPR with 1 year validity :)

• Sad
Reactions: afaisalnwo

afaisalnwo

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I just called them and they give generic answers that the application is in process and we cannot give a timeline as to when you might receive the card :/

Also, nothing to worry, you have your COPR with 1 year validity :)
Yup the COPR is valid for a year but I have a planned trip to India. I will have to apply PRTD for my wife then. That is why I am more worried. I hope we both get the CARD soon...

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
I finally received my PR card in mail today!
Here is my timeline for my urgent renewal:
Application sent Oct 30
AOR: Nov 4th
Decision made: Nov 5th
Pr card mailed: Nov 9th
Pr received: Nov 17th

They processed my urgent application in 2 days.
Good luck to everyone!

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
just checked the updated processing time, it got down to 110 days from 114 days. looks like it will take ages before pr card gets processed. Wonder if it will ever go below 100 days

neil_p01

Nov 17, 2020
Hi All,

I am kind of new member on this forum and need your suggestions below is my time lines on e-Cas and the status on it is DM. from October 23rd.
And then no more emails or mails or updates.

Details are as per below.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 22, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 22, 2020.
What should I do as my Original card is now expired and my health card and all will also expire. I am now worried but don't know what to do.

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I finally received my PR card in mail today!
Here is my timeline for my urgent renewal:
Application sent Oct 30
AOR: Nov 4th
Decision made: Nov 5th
Pr card mailed: Nov 9th
Pr received: Nov 17th

They processed my urgent application in 2 days.
Good luck to everyone!
Congrats. Happy for you. What was your reasoning for urgent processing if you dont mind me asking?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
just checked the updated processing time, it got down to 110 days from 114 days. looks like it will take ages before pr card gets processed. Wonder if it will ever go below 100 days
Not even sure if it matters anymore. They do update the processing time but also tell you not to believe it when you call them.
The processing time is 110 days but I am about to hit the 6 months mark in a few more days waiting for my card. They tell me that there is nothing special about my application as such.

Oh and prcessing time for all other application like TRV or Sponsorship are through the roof and increasing.