+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Received PR renewed card today:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 8, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on October 2, 2020.
  3. (Decision Made: October 10 2020)
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 16, 2020.
Card was delivered today on 21st Oct 2020.

Few learnings in this process.
1)we didn't receive our Application reference number on any email. we were unable to link the application too. So i called up the helpline # 1-888-242-2100. Waited for 30+ mins.. and then they provided me the reference number.
2)Thereon, i was able to use that application reference number to check status via phone. You will need Application Reference Number to chk status via Phone.
3)Please note, that some days they put you thru the rep agent, some days it clearly says you will not be connected to agent due to high volumes.. so keep trying if you want to reach an agent.
4)If you are calling for details for any of your relative, please make sure the person is available along side you to verify identity so the agent can seek confirmation for disclosure.

Thanks all for feedback and support..
Good luck for the ones awaiting theirs soon. :)

Last edited:

Freeace22

Apr 1, 2020
Hi,
Yesterday I received AOR for my pr card renewal application (delivered on 30 July).

There is no mentioning of reference number, application received date etc in the email.

I am unable to see the status on ecas, although I can see status of my citizenship application.

"This confirms that your application for a Permanent Resident Card was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on [IRCC IR Correspondence.IRCC Appl ReceivedDate]."

Please advise.
Thanks

Canada56

Sep 22, 2020
Hi,
I landed in Toronto on January 31 2020. I have not received my initial PR card yet. I faxed the Solemn Declaration document on April 03 2020(6 weeks+ post processing time) . I have not received any response thereafter. Now, It's more than 180 days, do I have to re-apply for the card or wait for the submitted solemn declaration to be processed? I did raise a webform but did not receive any positive response. I understand that due to COVID situation, the processing timelines have increased. However, I am clueless if I have to wait or re-apply for a new card. Has anyone faced this situation before? Any suggestions?
Hi, Same thing happened to me. I called IRCC and they told me as my solemn declaration has been delivered it should be fine. I don’t need to send application again. But I think you should call them and double check.

Note: Finally I received my card today.
Thanks

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi, Same thing happened to me. I called IRCC and they told me as my solemn declaration has been delivered it should be fine. I don’t need to send application again. But I think you should call them and double check.

Note: Finally I received my card today.
Thanks
Great, when did you submit your application, when did you recieve AOR email?

Canada56

Sep 22, 2020
Great, when did you submit your application, when did you recieve AOR email?
Hi, my solemn declaration delivered on May 08. I didn’t receive any AOR. Due to my personal issue I requested an urgent processing and they processed it very quickly after the request.
I hope you will hear good news soon. I know how this waiting feels.
Thanks

Last edited:

Dhyanm

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th May 2014
AOR Received.
September Mid
Med's Request
November Mid
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28th Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi guys ,
My application on ecas still says in process. They started the processing of application on 13th Oct.
Any one else have the same timeline?

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hey, so I've sent an application for urgent PR card renewal (family health reasons), some time in September. Yesterday, October 21st, I received an email saying:

"This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/10/21."

Does anyone have a clue if this means they are actually processing it as "urgent", or there is no way to say at this point?
Nothing shows on ecas yet.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I sent my PR Renewal on July 20th and it was received via tracking on July 23rd

I received the below email from CIC just under 3 months after sending it to them..maybe they are starting on mine now?

No information just an email saying they received my application on July 23rd...

UCI: **********

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/07/23.

(NAME)

sm99

Jul 22, 2020
I sent my PR Renewal on July 20th and it was received via tracking on July 23rd

I received the below email from CIC just under 3 months after sending it to them..maybe they are starting on mine now?

No information just an email saying they received my application on July 23rd...

UCI: **********

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020/07/23.

(NAME)
Yes, you recevied an AOR for your application and they have started processing your application. Congrats!
May I know when did you receive this email? In the last couple of days we have seen July 30th applicants receiving AOR so I was just wondering if you have received the AOR email this week or last week?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi guys ,
My application on ecas still says in process. They started the processing of application on 13th Oct.
Any one else have the same timeline?
In process since Sep-15, no movement yet.