+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi Zeekie did your brother receive card in mail already? Just want to understand how many days it takes to get from mail out to in mail box
I'm quite sure it depends on where you live, but i'm expecting it to take about 7-10 days so sometime next week hopefully. I'm in the GTA.

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Good day all . After all that waiting since March finally got surprised by this letter today .So this it might help out people that they have an expired passport to go ahead and renew your passport as primary ID .
Before you apply for anything .this is the letter I got :
your application for PR card is not complete and there for is being returned to you for the following reason :
✅your primary ID document is missing or unacceptable or expired please note that PR card is not acceptable as a primary ID.
✅application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC
Require that you update absence Re-sign Re-date
Well guys when I sent my application everything was updated in time and now after been pushed from March -sept they took advantage on everything which is not my fault . they telling us that during the pandemic everything should be ok
Very sorry to hear and did u get any AOR after submission of your application. Try to talk to attorney or lawer and there will be a path forward

Joe83

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2013 PER Received..: 10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
15-07-2014 (PCC & Updated forms)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Good day all . After all that waiting since March finally got surprised by this letter today .So this it might help out people that they have an expired passport to go ahead and renew your passport as primary ID .
Before you apply for anything .this is the letter I got :
your application for PR card is not complete and there for is being returned to you for the following reason :
✅your primary ID document is missing or unacceptable or expired please note that PR card is not acceptable as a primary ID.
✅application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC
Require that you update absence Re-sign Re-date
Well guys when I sent my application everything was updated in time and now after been pushed from March -sept they took advantage on everything which is not my fault . they telling us that during the pandemic everything should be ok

Hi All,
I received the same letter above today and i am sending them the renewed passport copy,
However i have below questions please help me understand:

- After sending the passport copy, Would i wait another 5 months now to hear back from them? or my application would be treated differently ?
- For the 2nd point to update absence and re-sign re-date the application..
Shall i fill a new application from scratch? or update the old one which they sent to me along with the letter above ?

Please advise thank you!

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi All,
I received the same letter above today and i am sending them the renewed passport copy,
However i have below questions please help me understand:

- After sending the passport copy, Would i wait another 5 months now to hear back from them? or my application would be treated differently ?
- For the 2nd point to update absence and re-sign re-date the application..
Shall i fill a new application from scratch? or update the old one which they sent to me along with the letter above ?

Please advise thank you!
Since it is returned for a valid reason, it will be considered as new application and will be treated as regular application (observed from other posts in this forum.)

And also they resumed the operations a bit fast and because of back to school, I believe it will come down to 1 or 2 months from 5 months very soon.

all the best!

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
July PR renewal applicant; received card today. 3rd renewal.
Front line worker (physician), so maybe helped a bit; did not ask for favouring treatment, but front line worker status can be implied from Q20 work/education history.
Parcel arrived (per courier tracking) on July 20, 2020.
Application received (per AOR) on July 27, 2020.
AOR via e-mail on September 8, 2020, 4:30 pm EST.
In Process as of September 8, 2020.
Decision Made as of September 8, 2020.
Card mailed as of September 10, 2020.

Status obtained from ECAS. MyCIC "link application" does not work even till now.

Good luck to everyone; grateful that the CIC is working hard to get everything back on track.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
Wondering if someone can guide me with one issue i am facing while linking my wife application in MYCIC account.

In her COPR, City of Birth was left blank. So, now when i try to link application, city of birth is a required item which i don't know what to enter, tried different combinations, bit nothing is working.

Any suggestion from any one will be appreciated

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Front line worker (physician), so maybe helped a bit; did not ask for favouring treatment, but front line worker status can be implied from Q20 work/education history.

Status obtained from ECAS. MyCIC "link application" does not work even till now.

Good luck to everyone; grateful that the CIC is working hard to get everything back on track.
Just Curios, Which City are you from?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019

I wonder, how do they know without opening the package? My understanding is that they just arrange the packages by the date they arrived and assign them to agents. So until the agents open the file there is no way to know about the application details.

I have a feeling they might be working on July applications already. I could be wrong though. :)

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
@bluecanuck located in the GTA.
@canvisa13 My feeling is that the CPC-Sydney has been working quite hard to get back on track. I know July applicants with missing documents or "photo-violations" have been getting their dossiers returned. The CPC staff probably have opened and checked for completion of documents into the July cohorts; while the "incomplete" dossiers are returned immediately, the scanning of completed applications understandably take longer, and hence the delay in issuing of AORs.

Reactions: canvisa13

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
@bluecanuck located in the GTA.
@canvisa13 My feeling is that the CPC-Sydney has been working quite hard to get back on track. I know July applicants with missing documents or "photo-violations" have been getting their dossiers returned. The CPC staff probably have opened and checked for completion of documents into the July cohorts; while the "incomplete" dossiers are returned immediately, the scanning of completed applications understandably take longer, and hence the delay in issuing of AORs.
Makes sense. Thanks @bjsdefz