+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
submitted to Hamilton, ON. My online account status updated to 'Approved'. Message says PR card has been mailed on 17th July.
Just to note all PR card applications are processed in Sydney, NS. The local office just forwards on the application when you "land".

Adi123456

May 6, 2020
Can you guys please put dates of landing and PR card in mail if received
Landing: March 10th
PR in mail: waiting

global_saffer

Jul 8, 2020
I have been waiting 133 days and have heard nothing..... I will keep you all posted. I don't want to get my hopes up.....
I'm in a similar boat. Crossed at the Osoyoos BC border office 18 March, and still nothing. Just managed to link the accounts, but current status is just "submitted".

Last edited:

Bentham

Sep 8, 2018
Is the 132 days real ? can someone comment if they are really picking up applications ?
I mailed the application on 2 February. AOR on 14 February. On 2 March the status went to "decision made". Since then no card, no letter, nothing. No reply to the web-form enquiry either.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Just to note all PR card applications are processed in Sydney, NS. The local office just forwards on the application when you "land".
If all PR cards are processed at the same office, how would you explain that inlanders who had landed via email in June-July got their PR cards before outlanders who had landed in March?

In addition, all applications for PR cards for outlanders are initiated at the border by an officer at the time of landing, hence earlier than for any inlander above who landed, well, later. Why the discrepancy?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
As of now CIC is processing renewal applications received until Feb-10-2020.