+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

shatufsahib

Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I landed on April 28, 2020 in Toronto and still waiting for my pr card. i called ircc two times and raised web form also but all they say due to corona we are working with less staff. i want to travel back urgently as its almost 3 months now. Anyone who landed in April 2020 received their pr cards please update ? i think the processing time on the cic website is not accurate. please share your experience & suggestions ???

Vanpeople2020

Jul 24, 2020
My second time renewing, last time I submitted as urgent because I need to travel, it was very quick, but the law has been changed since 2016, proof of travel no longer qualifies. I just feel so hopeless now, there’s no way to communicate with IRCC, and no solution. If my brother is really dying, I will give up my PR card, it’s not worth it, very sad and disappointed.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
It seems to me that new PR cards are being processed - some from March onwards and some from as short as a few days back (based on comments here). I have not seen any traffic in relation to rentals. Maybe I am missing something....... any updates on renewals very welcome!

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
If my brother is really dying, I will give up my PR card, it’s not worth it, very sad and disappointed.
I had similar experience during my last renewal 5 years ago so I know how you feel. At last I wasn’t able to see my love one before he passed away. I still feel very guilty and not able to forgive myself until now, especially every time when I see my PR card.

During the process and conversation with IRCC that time, I could feel their cruelty and how unhelpful to a PR who need renewal. Perhaps to them we're bunch of ppl that not loyal to the country; no matter how well we settle here we are still not Canadian Citizen and should not ask help from them.

I’m in my second renewal now but I do think and plan what should I do if the same thing happens (touchwood) and my conclusion is I’ll just prepare the documents, go back and apply for PRTD no matter what.

The country/IRCC doesn’t care about us but our families do. We all only live once, don’t make yourself and your family regret.

Good luck and take care

Reactions: amrelroby

amrelroby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
I had similar experience during my last renewal 5 years ago so I know how you feel. At last I wasn’t able to see my love one before he passed away. I still feel very guilty and not able to forgive myself until now, especially every time when I see my PR card.

During the process and conversation with IRCC that time, I could feel their cruelty and how unhelpful to a PR who need renewal. Perhaps to them we're bunch of ppl that not loyal to the country; no matter how well we settle here we are still not Canadian Citizen and should not ask help from them.

I’m in my second renewal now but I do think and plan what should I do if the same thing happens (touchwood) and my conclusion is I’ll just prepare the documents, go back and apply for PRTD no matter what.

The country/IRCC doesn’t care about us but our families do. We all only live once, don’t make yourself and your family regret.

Good luck and take care
Sadly it is true, IRCC shows a tendency to be unhelpful/slow with PR renewals.
Maybe it is deliberate to encourage PR to apply for citizenship or maybe something else, no one knows.
They do not even issue Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for PR renewals, so you do not know if your application is received and complete or not.
Hopefully, they improve the processing of renewals.
I do not see any renewals issued despite improving the processing time on their website.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If my brother is really dying, I will give up my PR card, it’s not worth it, very sad and disappointed.
Why do you think you will need to give up your PR card or status? Go and see your brother, apply for PRTD as soon as you arrive in your home country. Yes, you might see delays on getting the PRTD, but as things stand right now, anyone anywhere can be stranded due to travel bans/flight cancellations.

global_saffer

Jul 8, 2020
A few days after I linked my PR card application to my EE application I was notified that it was bring mailed out. Kind felt like that helped prod it along, just like how requesting my case notes helped prod my EE application along. I just hope now that it doesn't take "up to 6 weeks" which is what the note says in my profile.

Iam_cracker

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
A few days after I linked my PR card application to my EE application I was notified that it was bring mailed out. Kind felt like that helped prod it along, just like how requesting my case notes helped prod my EE application along. I just hope now that it doesn't take "up to 6 weeks" which is what the note says in my profile.
That’s cool you got an update, I mailed my photos on July6th and it reached Montreal on July 7th , I haven’t gotten any update in my profile yet

Otakukid

Mar 26, 2014
British Columbia
Hi everyone. The processing time (days) for PR cards says it's from when CIC receive your application. Does this mean when your application is received the other end at their facility from say a courier? Or from when you receive your AOR? Thanks!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone. The processing time (days) for PR cards says it's from when CIC receive your application. Does this mean when your application is received the other end at their facility from say a courier? Or from when you receive your AOR? Thanks!
I believe it is from when they receive it in their mail room. I read that somewhere sometime!

novanova

May 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I didn't receive my first PR card so I assume it's lost in mail. I submitted Solemn Declaration to IRCC trying to get a new card. However IRCC told me several times that "we were not able to locate your solemn declaration in the system yet.... is currently processing solemn declarations received before February 6, 2020." Anyone here in the same boat with me? I don't know what to do now