+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

MUFU

Mar 6, 2012
Mississauga,ON
My Timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 29, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2020.
My ECAS went into DECISION MADE on Feb 26, 2020, and remained so till date.

Today I logged in to my CIC account, and it shows my application for renewal was APPROVED, and my PR card mailed today, February 5, 2020.

Now waiting to receive the card.
My PR card arrived in mail today.

Good luck to all waiting.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
First renewal.
  • Application delivered: Feb 21
  • AOR received: Mar 9
  • Started processing: March 9
  • Decision Made: Mar 12

LFC_klopp

Feb 25, 2020
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 27, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 12, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 12, 2020.

chardys

Feb 1, 2017
California, USA
Application Delivered: February 6
AOR/started processing: February 22
"Decision Made" on ECAS: March 5
Approved/PR Card mailed on IRCC account: March 18

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 27, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 12, 2020.
did it update the status of your application in the system? did you get an email from them?

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
Application Delivered: February 6
AOR/started processing: February 22
"Decision Made" on ECAS: March 5
Approved/PR Card mailed on IRCC account: March 18
why did it take a long time for the decision to be taken? did you have many tavel outside canada? did you send them passprt pages?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
PR renewal application delivered on March 5th, but still not visible in ECAS. Is this normal?

chardys

Feb 1, 2017
California, USA
why did it take a long time for the decision to be taken? did you have many tavel outside canada? did you send them passprt pages?
I'm not sure, I think 2 weeks would still be within a standard period. It's a name change case so may take a bit more time than straightforward renewal after 5 years?

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
Sent my application to renew Feb 24th. Will update.

Quick question. I lost my expired PR card so filled in that section on the application form. Will this cause any hold up?

I also have a trip booked mid May. Is it likely I will receive my card by then?

Thanks!:)
tell us what happened to your application? received?

LFC_klopp

Feb 25, 2020
tell us what happened to your application? received?
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 18, 2020

I haven't checked the mail due to the COVID situation. But I assume it'll be delivered soon. I guess I don't need to worry about not having my PR card for my upcoming travels because I've had to cancel them

Reactions: Trentjudith

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 18, 2020

I haven't checked the mail due to the COVID situation. But I assume it'll be delivered soon. I guess I don't need to worry about not having my PR card for my upcoming travels because I've had to cancel them
did they send you an email on March 12th when they started the processing?

ANEESHRDD

Jun 30, 2019
Hi all,
Starting this new thread to have the PRC application updates of those who had submitted the application in 2020. You can share, update, get informed about the application timelines and processing progress.
Hello All,

I am an Indian National living in United States and have got approval for Canadian PR under Express Entry on March 4th 2020, I was requested to send in my Passport for stamping and received my Initial PR documents and VISA stamped on my passport to travel to Canada on March 16th 2020 and the Expiry date on the VISA is June 15th 2020.

What is the process to travel to Canada once you get the PR card?, I want to get my PR card renewal and return back to United States to complete my Masters Program which I am graduating in December 2020 and planning on moving to Canada Permanently.

I Believe Canada is going to close it's borders for all Countries including United States. Can I delay or request to extend the travel date to Canada due to the Coronavirus Pandemic?

Please advise me on what can be done in my current situation?

Thanks in Advance.
Aneesh