+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Canvisa 13 pls can you help me on this .
I submitted the renewal of PR on 15/7 via representative and it was delivered on 15/7 however I did not get any AOR

do I call them or you think they did not reach to 15/7 /2020 yet
Don't worry. They are still processing May/June. Only couple of July applicants received AOR. They are yet to reach July 15th date.

I guess, you might get AOR very soon (with in 1 or 2 weeks). So hopefully with in a month you should have your card. Good luck!

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. They are still processing May/June. Only couple of July applicants received AOR. They are yet to reach July 15th date.

I guess, you might get AOR very soon (with in 1 or 2 weeks). So hopefully with in a month you should have your card. Good luck!
Thanks I really appreciate your help , do my representative have access to check progress ? Do I ask him to check , last time he said he canot check without AOR

Qi

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Nomination.....
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
I’m confused ......Yes I provide home address and mailing address in my application and they are different ,but will CIC not mail my card to my mailing address?
no they will not. it was clearly stated in their website. the mailing address is for notification ONLY. and the card will be mailed to your physical address

Qi

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
Nomination.....
17-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-07-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Thank you! I hope CIC have mailed my card to my mailing address because home address in my application is not available for me to receive my card since October 1,I also applied to change my home address but my application status still indicate old home address,can I change address if my application status is complete?
btw, I updated my home address two months prior to they send out the card, found my card in the old address. That happened five years ago.
check the old address mailing box or call CIC asap

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Thanks I really appreciate your help , do my representative have access to check progress ? Do I ask him to check , last time he said he canot check without AOR
No, you can't check until you get AOR. Usually ECAS is updated the next day after AOR.

simson toms

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
I got AOR on oct 10th for my July 17 application. It is still “in process” with no further updates as per ecas and ircc account . When can I possibly expect the decision made status and the PR card in the mail.

sm99

Jul 22, 2020

It looks like they are processing May/June/July applications, I have seen a handful of posts from July applicants who received AOR and yet some June applicants are waiting for AOR. Any idea if there is a process where IRCC prioritize a certain type of applications based on PR card expiry date or any other criteria?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
It looks like they are processing May/June/July applications, I have seen a handful of posts from July applicants who received AOR and yet some June applicants are waiting for AOR. Any idea if there is a process where IRCC prioritize a certain type of applications based on PR card expiry date or any other criteria?
Not sure about their order and priority of the processing. My only guess is that the applications are assigned to agents in batches (like 20 or 30 applications to one agent to process.) And depending on the agent work style, either you are lucky to get it processed quickly and timely (or) get it delayed. It all depends on the individual agent on whose desk your file lands on. Good luck!

By the way very few (less than 5) July applicants received AOR in this forum so far.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea how I will get the AOR , i belive my representative had added his mailing address not my address

so they will send it to him or to my resident address ?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Any idea how I will get the AOR , i belive my representative had added his mailing address not my address

so they will send it to him or to my resident address ?
AOR is sent to the email address, if it is mentioned in the application. If not they will send a paper notification to the mailing address.

Have you given your email address in the application? if not yours, then check with your representative.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I got AOR on oct 10th for my July 17 application. It is still “in process” with no further updates as per ecas and ircc account . When can I possibly expect the decision made status and the PR card in the mail.
We observed that it is taking around 7 to 15 days in this forum to see an update for in-process. There is one case with around 30 days also in this thread. Hope you get it soon. Good luck!

Reactions: simson toms

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
We observed that it is taking around 7 to 15 days in this forum to see an update for in-process. There is one case with around 30 days also in this thread. Hope you get it soon. Good luck!
PR Renewal, Application in process & Decision made since Sep-15. No movement yet.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Quick question. Considering there are significant delays with PR renewal, when is the right time to apply within the 9 month before expiry. If my 9 months till expiry start tomorrow, is it advisable to send this early or I should wait a bit longer? Also I took my pictures 3 months ago. I know they can't be older than 6 months, is it an issue to send 3 months old pictures?

Thank you in advance for your reply and hoping any of you who have sent right after the 9 month period can provide any comments.