+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I sent it through Canada Post with Tracking. Did you check your junk mail. Sometimes the mail goes into junk.
yeah.. we did set the tracking number.. and it showed as delivered at the venue.. but no update since then as to whether picked for review and processing .. emailed thru webform twice since then but kept getting response that application is still not in the processing system..

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I wouldn't worry about that, as you can see from this thread some people who applied in March already received their PR Cards and the people who applied in April are expecting that they'll start getting them from this month.

I say this because I sent a webform last Friday and two days ago they responded with the same February bleh, they've been saying that for 4 months so probably just a standard response at this point.
I applied in March and haven’t got nothing . Still waiting . I sent the application by express post and it showed that as delivered to them .

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I applied in March and haven’t got nothing . Still waiting . I sent the application by express post and it showed that as delivered to them .
I did say some people xD I totally hear you though, it’s different for everyone. I’m not even sure I’m gonna get an AoR right now because made a renewal application before the pandemic and could only access it once I checked the status through the tool, AFTER they mailed it out.

This being said, if you applied in March it might help if you calculated the number of days since your courier said it was delivered, if it’s more than the processing time on the site (164 right now, I think), you may have some luck sending them a webform and mentioning that and asking for an update.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that you could send a webform once the number of days waited are greater than processing days.

sjb83

Sep 2, 2020
Question about PR card while I'm waiting for the Citizenship Application. I'm going to be sending off my Citizenship Application at the end of this week, so I guess it will get to Nova Scotia next week sometime. The current wait time for citizenship applications to be processed says 12mths. My PR card is going to expire in April 2021 - should I apply to renew it now? Or what will happen if my PR card expires while I'm still waiting for my citizenship application? Can I still work and use my SIN?

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello guys,

This might be a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

I am about to submit my application for PR Card Renewal. In form IMM 5444, there is a question#19 in personal history section. It asks to list all the residential addresses for the last five years in a table provided. It asks to enter those in chronological order, but from the given description I can't really figure out if I should start with the most recent one or the oldest one?

Anyone's help here whose PR Card Renewal application wasn't returned and already received AOR recently will be much appreciated.

Thanks

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Question about PR card while I'm waiting for the Citizenship Application. I'm going to be sending off my Citizenship Application at the end of this week, so I guess it will get to Nova Scotia next week sometime. The current wait time for citizenship applications to be processed says 12mths. My PR card is going to expire in April 2021 - should I apply to renew it now? Or what will happen if my PR card expires while I'm still waiting for my citizenship application? Can I still work and use my SIN?
I think the PR Card is practically needed for travelling only, but I still think you should apply for PR card as soon as you can. Because you will have to surrender your PR Card at the end of your Citizenship application. If you show up to get your grant of citizenship with no PR card, that might complicate things.

I would say just apply for PR Card. The only thing you might be spending extra here is your PR Card application fees and some hours to prepare the package.

Regards,

sjb83

Sep 2, 2020
I think the PR Card is practically needed for travelling only, but I still think you should apply for PR card as soon as you can. Because you will have to surrender your PR Card at the end of your Citizenship application. If you show up to get your grant of citizenship with no PR card, that might complicate things.

I would say just apply for PR Card. The only thing you might be spending extra here is your PR Card application fees and some hours to prepare the package.

Regards,
Yes you make some good points, and there is no downside except the extra fee and time to fill it in... working on it now :) thanks!

Reactions: HeroHarman

HarveyKeck

Aug 24, 2020
Update on my PR card processing:
PR Renewal
Sent by Courier to Sydney Office, Delivered: May 7, 2020
AOR Received by e-mail: Sept 2, 2020

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello guys,

This might be a silly question, but I will ask anyway.

I am about to submit my application for PR Card Renewal. In form IMM 5444, there is a question#19 in personal history section. It asks to list all the residential addresses for the last five years in a table provided. It asks to enter those in chronological order, but from the given description I can't really figure out if I should start with the most recent one or the oldest one?

Anyone's help here whose PR Card Renewal application wasn't returned and already received AOR recently will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,
The form does say that you need to start from the oldest to the newest in chronological order.

All the best with your application.

Reactions: HeroHarman

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020

Regards,
Second this, remember that you’re waiting AT LEAST a year before citizenship is granted and you want to be able to pursue opportunities and travel with ease in that time.

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Update on my PR card processing:
PR Renewal
Sent by Courier to Sydney Office, Delivered: May 7, 2020
AOR Received by e-mail: Sept 2, 2020
Nice! Where’d you send your application from? Curious because I think that might play a part for when it starts processing, given I sent mine mid-April and no update.