+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
hey . How did you linked your application. I m having trouble doing that . Can you please help me out and explain or if there’s any tricks !
I been waiting since March here
Thanks
Hey, so I just made an account (GCKey way), logged in and added using UCI Client number I believe. I just added in the required details like Last Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth and it located it. Most of the different options to locate it ask for similar details so I'd suggest just selecting one where you can add all the details with the right answer. If I'm being honest, though, it hasn't proved very helpful thus far.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I know that it shouldn't matter but I can tell you it's an issue with employers. I made a forum post here just last week about the exact issue. I told them my PR card expired and that I sent my renewal application in April, so I gave them a copy of my expired PR, copy of my SIN confirmation letter and they're still asking for some sort of proof that I sent an application (in future, I will make a copy of all such applications and I only wish I did this because that's what the employer essentially asked for in the end).

Now I feel there's a legitimate possibility that my offer might be rescinded and I'm not really sure what to do about it, I even sent a webform to the IRCC last week stating my case which was turned down quite fast. If it really does get to that, I'm thinking of asking them to let me start late so that I can get my AoR and show that to them.
Its strange to read this because it is my understanding that once you are a PR you are a PR. Whether your card is expired or not should not be an issue - but it seems in your case it is.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Very happy for you... Also it will help others stay calm if they end up in similar situation of no updates after AOR.
Being 14th April applicant just keeping fingers crossed and hope can get an AOR soon in this week
I think it is worth keeping a record somewhere of the timelines for now. We all got seriously caught in this pandemic as it relates to the PR cards. If things stay the same you should be expecting an AOR in the next week or two - I will keep an eye on the thread to see how you get on. I was never able to link my application or get an update on line. I am now heading over to the longer waiting game of Citizenship where there an abundance of issues. Hope I make nice friends like you guys in that forum! Good luck April applicants - its close now!

Reactions: desertrose416

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hey, so I just made an account (GCKey way), logged in and added using UCI Client number I believe. I just added in the required details like Last Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth and it located it. Most of the different options to locate it ask for similar details so I'd suggest just selecting one where you can add all the details with the right answer. If I'm being honest, though, it hasn't proved very helpful thus far.
I still can't link my account and I have now received my card.

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Its strange to read this because it is my understanding that once you are a PR you are a PR. Whether your card is expired or not should not be an issue - but it seems in your case it is.
I agree, I've asked and read on this forum and that's also what the official documentation says. But I mean what do you do in a situation like this if the employer makes it an issue? No one seems to have an answer to that.

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I know that it shouldn't matter but I can tell you it's an issue with employers. I made a forum post here just last week about the exact issue. I told them my PR card expired and that I sent my renewal application in April, so I gave them a copy of my expired PR, copy of my SIN confirmation letter and they're still asking for some sort of proof that I sent an application (in future, I will make a copy of all such applications and I only wish I did this because that's what the employer essentially asked for in the end).

Now I feel there's a legitimate possibility that my offer might be rescinded and I'm not really sure what to do about it, I even sent a webform to the IRCC last week stating my case which was turned down quite fast. If it really does get to that, I'm thinking of asking them to let me start late so that I can get my AoR and show that to them.
HI, I am not sure if this would help you but it is worth a try.
Share this link with the employer which is a legitimate government website

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1456&top=10

Reactions: zeekie

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I still can't link my account and I have now received my card.
This is the process I used:
- category was Permanent Resident Card
-
Application Details I selected UCI and Family Name
- Entered the other details and that did the trick!

Not sure if type of PR affects but my overall application was as a family so that might have some impact.

shettyhemant

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I agree, I've asked and read on this forum and that's also what the official documentation says. But I mean what do you do in a situation like this if the employer makes it an issue? No one seems to have an answer to that.
How about approaching your local MP and ask him for a letter stating that your status as a PR is not effected even if the card expires.

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
How about approaching your local MP and ask him for a letter stating that your status as a PR is not effected even if the card expires.
I'd be open to trying that, the thing is I don't want to escalate things too much because this is an internship. I mean personally it's important but it'll be over in 3 months, it's also through my school and I haven't gotten them involved yet. Part of the reason is because I know my school's co-op office and how they side a lot with the employer to maintain the relationship. I'm also waiting for these guys to get back to me, they haven't yet made an official decision.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I did all that . But still no application found .
thanks for your time