+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

ShirSri

Jun 9, 2015
Dear All, This is my first renewal of PR card, planning to send renewal application by Jan 2021 end as i have card valid till Jul 2021 end. Can the experts please advise whether the forms IMM544E[Renewal Application], IMM5644E[Document Checklist], Photocopy of Passport & $50 fee completes the package or is there anything more to the package - kindly advise. Sorry if this needs to be posted in a different thread, just trying to understand before applying please help.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Dear All, This is my first renewal of PR card, planning to send renewal application by Jan 2021 end as i have card valid till Jul 2021 end. Can the experts please advise whether the forms IMM544E[Renewal Application], IMM5644E[Document Checklist], Photocopy of Passport & $50 fee completes the package or is there anything more to the package - kindly advise. Sorry if this needs to be posted in a different thread, just trying to understand before applying please help.
Just based on so many different cases I am reading here and there, if you have had lots of trips to other countries in the last 5 years, specially to some specific countries in the middle east, it is advisable to have a complete sworn translation of your passport with all the stamps (you might have some stamps in Arabic, Turkish, etc., better to have them translated separately and add them all to your package). Again i would say that this is not obligatory in the first place and lots of guys do not send anything more than what is mentioned in the IRCC website, but this was just a personal experience.

Reactions: Pharmcawy

ShirSri

Jun 9, 2015
Just based on so many different cases I am reading here and there, if you have had lots of trips to other countries in the last 5 years, specially to some specific countries in the middle east, it is advisable to have a complete sworn translation of your passport with all the stamps (you might have some stamps in Arabic, Turkish, etc., better to have them translated separately and add them all to your package). Again i would say that this is not obligatory in the first place and lots of guys do not send anything more than what is mentioned in the IRCC website, but this was just a personal experience.
Thank you very much,luckily mine is all stamped in English with dates of arrival

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello,

I just wanted to provide you guys an update.

I have received my new PR Card in mail on Dec 24, 2020. Mine was a PR Card Renewal application.

Received - Sep 9, 2020
AOR - Nov 23, 2020
Process Started - Nov 23, 2020
PR Card Sent on - Dec 14, 2020

All the best to those who are still waiting.

Happy New Year.

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
My PR card renewal is in process since sept 29. It went into production (Decision made) in 3rd week of October since then we have received no updates.
Have sent 2 web forms and called twice and all the time they say it is in production.. urgently need my pr card. Anyway I could speed up the process. Pls suggest.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
My PR card renewal is in process since sept 29. It went into production (Decision made) in 3rd week of October since then we have received no updates.
Have sent 2 web forms and called twice and all the time they say it is in production.. urgently need my pr card. Anyway I could speed up the process. Pls suggest.
when did you receive AOR email?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
I'm not sure if my application is lost or it's just taking time to process as i sent them a message via the webform inquiring about my application and what's going on it with it and they sent me this.

I shipped my document out on Nov 5th with express shipping (Tracking # and all) and they received it 3 days later.

They sent me this, no idea what to do, either resend my document or wait..

"We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office."

Has anyone had this happen?

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
I'm not sure if my application is lost or it's just taking time to process as i sent them a message via the webform inquiring about my application and what's going on it with it and they sent me this.

I shipped my document out on Nov 5th with express shipping (Tracking # and all) and they received it 3 days later.

"We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office."

They’ve not lost your application. If your application is received on November 8th, in the best case scenario, you would receive your AOR on January 8th-ish, according to the very current timeline and processing time. Expect a probable delay due to new year holidays as well. The reason they told you that they can’t find your application is that they’ve not opened your application yet, and it’s not in their system. It doesn’t mean they’ve lost it! You will get your AOR over the second week of January hopefully. In case you don’t receive your AOR after that, call them or send a webform. You’re still safe. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALAZ9750 and faty82

ALAZ9750

Jan 4, 2021
They’ve not lost your application. If your application is received on November 8th, in the best case scenario, you would receive your AOR on January 8th-ish, according to the very current timeline and processing time. Expect a probable delay due to the new year holidays as well. The reason they told you that they can’t find your application is that they’ve not opened your application yet, and it’s not in their system. It doesn’t mean they’ve lost it! You will get your AOR over the second week of January hopefully. In case you don’t receive your AOR after that, call them or send a webform. You’re still safe. Good luck.
Thank you for the quick response! good to know it isn't lost as i was going to send in another application. I'll be on the look for an email with in the two upcoming weeks! once again thanks :)

Jacques_Leo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Passport Req..
20-01-2016

Sent my renewal application 26 October, package received 27 October. So far no AOR, ECAS showing no results either.

Reactions: ALAZ9750

Hurricane207

Aug 21, 2018
Hello

My wife filed her pr renewal application through Canada post and it got delivered on 31st December 2020. After it got delivered I was going through the forum and realised there were some mistakes like in the travel history section i just mentioned the trips to country of previous residence and forgot to mention vacation trips. Although The number of absences days would still remain the same but i forgot to mention vaction trips would this affect my application?

Also im trying to link the application online so how many days does it take to show online.

Did they email you or did they sent this by mail?