+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card - March 2020 processing time

davizeuz

Aug 16, 2018
Hi .. I too have received the same mail. I have a doubt though ... the address to be sent has PO address so how will u ship from USA directly?
Hi, I was going to try USPS. If they don't ship, I was thinking of shipping it to my friend and asking them to post in from Canada. Do you have any other ideas?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I was going to try USPS. If they don't ship, I was thinking of shipping it to my friend and asking them to post in from Canada. Do you have any other ideas?
Oh ok... same here ... I will be shipping it Monday so if fedex or Usps doesn’t deliver then I had to ask my friend to send it to them.

davizeuz

Aug 16, 2018
Makes sense.. let's stay connected via this forum. Let me know your experience with fedex. I would prefer to send it directly from here rather than having to make an additional stops.

Reactions: SaraRahul

b007

Dec 28, 2018
Hi b007,
I am in the same boat as you. Soft landed on March 7th at YYZ and returned back to US. Got the same email as you to resubmit our photos (my wife and myself. My little one's PR card has already been processed and received at my friends place). I have taken the photos again at the same studio I had originally taken (in US) when I first submitted them. Will ship them out this week. Hoping second time is a charm!
Is it okay to send pictures from the USA?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Makes sense.. let's stay connected via this forum. Let me know your experience with fedex. I would prefer to send it directly from here rather than having to make an additional stops.
Ya me too but incase if they don’t send it to PO Box then I guess I have to send it to my friend and then post from there..

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I and my wife also received the photo request email/letter. We did a soft landing and came back to the US in April. Our son's application received a ghost update on Friday (09/25) and we haven't received the same photo request letter for him (I'm assuming his PR application got approved). We all took the pictures from the same place with the same specifications. This is super weird.

I will also need to get new pictures from here (since old pictures are more than a year old) and then send it to my friend's place who can send the letter + pictures to the Sydney office. Anyone who has sent the photos and got the PR application approved? any do's or don't regarding this whole process?

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Hi All,
Just to provide an update. My son's PR application (outland, soft-landed 7th April, went back to the US) has been approved and the PR card has been mailed. Meanwhile, I and my wife received a letter that our photos did not meet the specifications so we need to send new photos.

Hard luck, but none the less this post will give an idea of processing timelines for outland applicants in the same boat as me.

davizeuz

Aug 16, 2018
Hi All,
Just to provide an update. My son's PR application (outland, soft-landed 7th April, went back to the US) has been approved and the PR card has been mailed. Meanwhile, I and my wife received a letter that our photos did not meet the specifications so we need to send new photos.

Hard luck, but none the less this post will give an idea of processing timelines for outland applicants in the same boat as me.
Hi, I have the same experience as you. My son’s card was processed but my spouse and I received this email. all photographs were taken from the same studio

MoizArif

Apr 2, 2020
Hi, I have the same experience as you. My son’s card was processed but my spouse and I received this email. all photographs were taken from the same studio
I think there is no other choice but to re-take the photos and explicitly ensure that the new photos meet the specifications (not rely entirely on the photographer assurances). I'm just thinking whether to send the photos directly to their mailing address via FedEx/UPS or mail it to the PO Box address from within Canada using Canada Post.

davizeuz

Aug 16, 2018
Hi, just wanted to follow up if you were able to send the package via FedEx or USPS? Are you sending one envelope for your family or separate envelopes per member? Thanks!

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi All,

We landed in March 2020, got our COPR stamped and gave a friends address ( Canadian address) for our PR card.My spouse and I received our PR cards in the last week of July.IRCC asked us to update the Canadian address for our child’s PR card.When we did that immediately.IRCC then asked us to confirm our child’s details as they apparently had multiple profiles for our child. We did all that.Now we got an email saying that they had abandoned or child’s PR application as we didn’t provide a Canadian address in a timely manner. We have to reapply for the PR card.Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate your input on the following;

1)
Should be reapply now or apply after we physically move to Canada?We have the stamped COPR and we live in Seattle, so we will be driving across the border.

2)
Our child is a US citizen and we plan on moving after the pandemic restrictions are over.US citizens can enter Canada without any other visas.