+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - Lost and found

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If someone loses their PR card - reports it via the webform to IRCC, and then it's found again (same day) - what's the best approach to STOP them cancelling it especially given the current 287 day wait for a new one?

I assume submitting a new web form and maybe phoning them (assuming this is still a challenging process) could work but is there any known/better approach?

Thanks!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
If someone loses their PR card - reports it via the webform to IRCC, and then it's found again (same day) - what's the best approach to STOP them cancelling it especially given the current 287 day wait for a new one?

I assume submitting a new web form and maybe phoning them (assuming this is still a challenging process) could work but is there any known/better approach?

Thanks!
Definitely raise a webform that it has been found.

Also call them.

Do both, it should work out just fine.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks, webform was already submitted. Apparently multiple webforms on the same UCI etc reference get associated into one ticket (kinda surprised IRCC has this) so should be all good, fingers crossed!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, webform was already submitted. Apparently multiple webforms on the same UCI etc reference get associated into one ticket (kinda surprised IRCC has this) so should be all good, fingers crossed!
Unfortunately you may get unlucky and your PR card will get cancelled. We have seen that before. If you went through the process of reporting your PR card missing that can get processed first. Did you send the declaration?

kyra15734

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi jc94, I am in the same boat. I lost my wallet with my PR card yesterday (Dec 20, 2020), submitted the web form. I found it today, coz someone found my wallet and returned it to a bank branch. I already submitted a web form today using the "withdraw application" option (even though, technically, I hadn't started the application, and it was only a report). What happened in your case? did it all work out okay? what is the best way to ask them to disregard the first loss-report filing? Please do let me know. Thanks in advance!

Nate902

Mar 6, 2022
Hi jc94, I am in the same boat. I lost my wallet with my PR card yesterday (Dec 20, 2020), submitted the web form. I found it today, coz someone found my wallet and returned it to a bank branch. I already submitted a web form today using the "withdraw application" option (even though, technically, I hadn't started the application, and it was only a report). What happened in your case? did it all work out okay? what is the best way to ask them to disregard the first loss-report filing? Please do let me know. Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same situation. What happened in the end? Were you able to keep using your PR card and not need to apply for a new one?