+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card into production?

Torontonian343

Mar 1, 2021
Hi,
I just received email saying,
"We verified the information you provided & can confirm that your card has been approved and sent for production ".

Than letter goes on to say PR card either will be mailed or pick up in person etc.

My question is after waiting for over 1 year now the PR Card has been gone onto production, how long from this letter received (via email) will it take for me to get it physically in my hands, either by mail or by in person pick up? Also which method is faster? Thank you.

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
The answer is you can never know when you will receive the e-mail. If it has been selected for an in-person pickup; which I’m assuming is the likely scenario since you’ve been waiting for over a year, then the wait times are long unfortunately. I might suggest if your status is still “Decision Made” on ECAS; then in person pickup is the likely scenario. I have been waiting for a year and 9 months now to be invited for the pick up appointment and some people waited for longer periods.

Reactions: Torontonian343

Torontonian343

Mar 1, 2021
The answer is you can never know when you will receive the e-mail. If it has been selected for an in-person pickup; which I’m assuming is the likely scenario since you’ve been waiting for over a year, then the wait times are long unfortunately. I might suggest if your status is still “Decision Made” on ECAS; then in person pickup is the likely scenario. I have been waiting for a year and 9 months now to be invited for the pick up appointment and some people waited for longer periods.
Hello,
Actually the total wait time upto today since applying for PR card for my case is 1 year & 7 months. But now I have been informed the PR Card went into Production as of 2 weeks ago!
For decision made I got that email on July 8 2021 but nothing else after that.
That said they could either a) send by mail (which takes 2-3 weeks assuming)
b) in person pick (which can take 2 weeks to 6 weeks or longer to arrange)
This is what I am assuming at the moment? I am in the same boat as you for this much wait time gone by. If you have any other words please tell them? Thank you.

Last edited:

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
I have been informed over the phone with IRCC that my card was sent to my local office for an in person pick up around the time of the “Decision Made” which was April 2021. No communications since. That wait time above for in person pickup is inaccurate unless your case is different. According to what you wrote it takes 2-6 weeks for the appointment to be set which gives you 4 more to wait. If you’ve heard nothing by then; it’s just a waiting game unless you decide to proceed by other means.

Torontonian343

Mar 1, 2021
I have been informed over the phone with IRCC that my card was sent to my local office for an in person pick up around the time of the “Decision Made” which was April 2021. No communications since. That wait time above for in person pickup is inaccurate unless your case is different. According to what you wrote it takes 2-6 weeks for the appointment to be set which gives you 4 more to wait. If you’ve heard nothing by then; it’s just a waiting game unless you decide to proceed by other means.
Then from what you wrote for both of our cases, assuming there are some similarities, "it's the waiting game".

Reactions: zaid9199

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Are you meeting the Resdinecy obligations?

My case- not meeting the RO that is why I am selected for in-person pick up..card already printed last year dec 2021..still awaiting for the email from Etobicoke office..

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Are you meeting the Resdinecy obligations?

My case- not meeting the RO that is why I am selected for in-person pick up..card already printed last year dec 2021..still awaiting for the email from Etobicoke office..
At the time of application, I didn’t. However, now I do.

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
It's been 2 years almost..did you followed up through webform or calling agent at PR customer care ..any way to accelerate this email process ..any way to get the email sooner??
There is nothing you can do, I tried my best. I called them more than a dozen times and sent webforms, I sent letters to my IRCC local office where the card is at and to the processing center in Sydney explaining my urgency, I also went there myself to ask, and I had my MP personally call me explaining that they tried and there is nothing else they can do. I also require my PR Card to get a SIN for the first time and all of that was explained.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
There is nothing you can do, I tried my best. I called them more than a dozen times and sent webforms, I sent letters to my IRCC local office where the card is at and to the processing center in Sydney explaining my urgency, I also went there myself to ask, and I had my MP personally call me explaining that they tried and there is nothing else they can do. I also require my PR Card to get a SIN for the first time and all of that was explained.
So basically at the mercy at the local office to email to collect your pr card..ntng else you can do..

Reactions: zaid9199

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So basically at the mercy at the local office to email to collect your pr card..ntng else you can do..
In your case the delay has likely helped your case. Had you had quick processing without meeting RO and by your own admission not strong H&C reasons your chances of denial would have likely been much higher. Going to pick up your passport having lived in Canada for 2+ years hopefully working during this time period would lead to much better chances of approval. Unfortunately you should have followed the advice to only apply for PR are renewal after you met your RO.

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
In your case the delay has likely helped your case. Had you had quick processing without meeting RO and by your own admission not strong H&C reasons your chances of denial would have likely been much higher. Going to pick up your passport having lived in Canada for 2+ years hopefully working during this time period would lead to much better chances of approval. Unfortunately you should have followed the advice to only apply for PR are renewal after you met your RO.
As per my knowledge from a lawyer; time towards RO stops counting once the application status changes to Decision Made. So it would make no difference if they gave him the appointment at an earlier or later date. Only his time until the decision was taken will be evaluated at the time of the pick-up/interview appointment. Even if he has lived 2 years in Canada at time of pick-up, the time after a decision has been made will not count. If a decision was not made and application still shows “in process” time will still count. I could be wrong though.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Did u get the email to pick yur card??