+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card in Production

Cruizeriz

Jun 19, 2018
The 6 weeks timeline starts from the date of landing to date of receiving the card by normal processing time for 80% of the cases.
Hope you can get it in time for your travel.
Thanks once again, StonicStone.

Are you sure about that? Our processing time was 62 days, which was beyond 6 weeks to begin with. You sure it doesn’t mean 6 weeks from the mailing out date?

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Yes a normal mail from Atlantic to the Pacific coast of Canada normally takes about 5-7 working days

sg2626

Nov 21, 2018
Did you end up getting your card? My card is also in production now, and I have requested them to speed up the process. I am also traveling under 4 weeks from now and it's been 8 weeks. Have not received my card yet... getting really anxious.

Reactions: dml717

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Did you end up getting your card? My card is also in production now, and I have requested them to speed up the process. I am also traveling under 4 weeks from now and it's been 8 weeks. Have not received my card yet... getting really anxious.

1. Not a chance they will "speed up " production for you or anyone.
2. Don't forget there is a mail strike as well.

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Hi All,

very similar situation and was waiting for my wife's PR Card, and called in IRCC yesterday and spoke with an agent.

Were were informed that the card was sent in for production/or approved on Nov 20th, and after writing a brief inquiry on the webform, we also received written confirmation that the card was sent for production.

What do you think will be the timeline looking like? Any chance to have the card before February ? (My wife landed on Oct 2, 2018)

cpenarrieta

Nov 29, 2018
Hello, I'm waiting for my first PR card. I just received this email saying that my application is on production. I would like to understand what does it mean? What are the timelines?
Some of you have mentioned that you can call IRCC ans speak to an angent, can I know how do you do that? what is the number you dial and options I need to press?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This message is to inform you that we have received your request for the urgent processing of your Permanent Resident Card (PR card).

We can confirm that your card has already been approved and sent for production.

How will I receive my card?

Once produced, the PR card is generally mailed to you directly. It is also possible that you are asked to pick it up in person.

This random selection for in-person pick up is done to allow IRCC to gather information in our continuous effort to improve the processing of PR Card applications.

If your card is selected for pick up, you will be informed of the date, time and location of the pick-up and the type of document you will be asked to bring with you.

Rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to deliver your card as quickly as possible.

If you need to leave Canada before you obtain your PR card, and you:
    • Return by private vehicle:
      • you can present documents proving your PR status,
  • Return by commercial vehicle (airplane, bus, train, or boat):
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Thanks for your help

Canashare

Oct 18, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Pathway to ChildCare Program
App. Filed.......
2018-07-12
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
2018-07-13
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
2018-04-20 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
2018-07-19
VISA ISSUED...
2018-07-21
LANDED..........
2018-08-10
We've landed on October 8, our accounts still says "Submitted" for all of us (my daughter, my son and myself). I sent a Web Form enquiry to IRCC after 51st days (November 29th- after normal processing time of 50 days) still no reply, so I just called IRCC on 52nd days of process, they said mine and my son's PR cards were already sent to production, while my daughter's still on pending because of photo requirement, we are so curious why her photo isn't okay while we did all the photo together in one studio and they should have told us that before hand before the processing time had passed. Anyway we have sent hers after that day, and we'll wait for the next update..Until now, our CIC account shows "Submitted",
1. would they change this into "Approved" status once the PR card's are mailed?
2. Do you usually receive an email from IRCC that PR card is approved and sent by mail?
3. Any update with yours, and how long does my daughter's will get her PR card after sending her photo again? Anyone here has the same issue with mine or related? Thanks.