+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card in Production

Cruizeriz

Jun 19, 2018
Dear all,

My wife, son and I landed in Canada on June 23, 2018. We have been waiting for our PR cards to arrive in mail. Upon calling the IRCC hotline, we were informed that our cards have gone into production, which is the the final stage, on Aug 10, 2018.

My question is, how much time would it take for us to receive the physical cards in hand post this period? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

Cruizeriz

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you, Steaky. But would you have an idea of the timeline? Approx how much time? A week, two weeks perhaps?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Based on your stated timeline your cards are being processed almost exactly on the expected timeline for initial cards which average out at 6-8 weeks. Sometimes longer than this if issues but that is the average people have reported here so in coming week or so you should receive them.

Reactions: Cruizeriz

Cruizeriz

Jun 19, 2018
Based on your stated timeline your cards are being processed almost exactly on the expected timeline for initial cards which average out at 6-8 weeks. Sometimes longer than this if issues but that is the average people have reported here so in coming week or so you should receive them.
Thank you, Bs65.

Is there a possibility that my PR card could get delayed? They confirmed that the address on file is correct.

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
There is a possibility..the card may also get lost in the mail. Assuming a worst case scenario.
Have you tried linking your CIC account to check on your PR Card delivery status?

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Thank you, StonicStone. No matter how many combinations I tried to link my PR Card with the CIC account, it did not go through for one reason or the other. Should I be concerned? They did inform me that everything was OK and the card has gone into production.
Have you got your PR card yet?

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
Thank you, StonicStone. No matter how many combinations I tried to link my PR Card with the CIC account, it did not go through for one reason or the other. Should I be concerned? They did inform me that everything was OK and the card has gone into production.
Yes, I read that many others in the forum encountered the same issue.
I had similar experience.
Might be a technical glitch which IRCC needs to solve.
Should be fine since you have been notified your card is in production.
Do keep us updated.

Cruizeriz

Jun 19, 2018
Yes, I read that many others in the forum encountered the same issue.
I had similar experience.
Might be a technical glitch which IRCC needs to solve.
Should be fine since you have been notified your card is in production.
Do keep us updated.
Yes, I figured it could be a glitch.

As for the PR Card, we were informed yesterday, Aug 21, that the PR cards were mailed out on Aug 15. They said they were sent by regular mail and that it would take 6 weeks for the cards to be delivered. Would they really take 6 weeks, considering that our PR processing timeline was 62 days and we still haven't completed our 62 days since our landing and that everything (including mailing out) was done before the end of 62 days?

I am planning on traveling next month and I'm really anxious now. Your timeline (in your signature) shows that the duration between your landing and you receiving the PR card was two months. So could it possible that, in my case too, I might receive it within a few weeks instead of the entire 6 weeks?

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
The 6 weeks timeline starts from the date of landing to date of receiving the card by normal processing time for 80% of the cases.
Hope you can get it in time for your travel.