+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card Expires before the 730 days required

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.135.html

Guys please us with this petition.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-09-2016 , Aor2 26-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Not Needed Dm on 31st march
Leon said:
There is no problem staying with an expired PR card. If anybody asks you why you haven't renewed it yet, you can say you haven't gotten around to it or you can say that you have sent in the application but it is taking a long time (which could be true, sometimes happens). If they get aggressive with you which I think extremely unlikely, you can ask them to show you the law that says you must have a valid PR card to live in Canada. There is no such law so that should shut them up.

However, you should not leave Canada and you should not apply for anything from immigration until you have your 730 days in the past 5 years. After that, you can apply to renew your PR card. Keep in mind that they only look at the 5 year window immediately before you apply to renew so days you stayed in Canada just after your landing will have expired and moved outside that window by the time you are ready to apply and will not count. Make sure you do not apply to renew unless you really have at least 730 days in the past 5 years at that time, preferably more.

Immigration own operational manuals say they can only consider the past 5 years so they can not ask you about anything further back in time.

Hi leon
Please help me .
I got my pr in 2011 july 16. And i stayed in canada just for 1 month. back to my home country as my mother was not well i am the only son to take care of her. In 2016 may i came back to canada after staying for 1 month i applied for pr renewal normal with medical certificates of my mother. I applied for normal pr renewal with medical certificates no H and C grounds. After applying they are asking additional docs and they are asking to indicate Humanitaran and compassionate consideration.
They are asking us to send within 1 month otherwise they will abandoned the application.

Now my question is till now i have completed 5 months and h and c processing time is too long between 18 to 24 months. And i dont want to indicate H and C consideration as the time is too long. I just need 17 months . 17 months are less than the h and c processing time. I want to let them abandoned the application . can i do this ? I will reapply after completing 17 more months.

Please reply soon

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Fatima786 said:
I applied for normal pr renewal with medical certificates no H and C grounds. After applying they are asking additional docs and they are asking to indicate Humanitaran and compassionate consideration.

Now my question is till now i have completed 5 months and h and c processing time is too long between 18 to 24 months. And i dont want to indicate H and C consideration as the time is too long. I just need 17 months . 17 months are less than the h and c processing time. I want to let them abandoned the application . can i do this ? I will reapply after completing 17 more months.
You made a very big mistake. Had you simply left it and not applied for renewal until after you had been here 2 years and met the RO again, you could have applied normally. Because you applied without meeting the RO, IRCC can only approve the app based on H&C.

Where are you getting this 18-24 month processing time from?

At this point, your app is already being processed and IRCC is already aware that you do not meet the RO. If you abandon the app, it is possible that they will start proceedings to revoke your status. If they do, your only option to keep your PR status would be to plead your H&C grounds anyways.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima786 said:
Hi leon
Please help me .
I got my pr in 2011 july 16. And i stayed in canada just for 1 month. back to my home country as my mother was not well i am the only son to take care of her. In 2016 may i came back to canada after staying for 1 month i applied for pr renewal normal with medical certificates of my mother. I applied for normal pr renewal with medical certificates no H and C grounds. After applying they are asking additional docs and they are asking to indicate Humanitaran and compassionate consideration.
They are asking us to send within 1 month otherwise they will abandoned the application.

Please reply soon
You made a big mistake applying early. You should request to withdraw your application and then not apply again until you meet the RO.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Leon said:
You made a big mistake applying early. You should request to withdraw your application and then not apply again until you meet the RO.
Thanks for replying.

Can i request them now. That i want to withdraw

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima786 said:
Thanks for replying.

Can i request them now. That i want to withdraw
Yes, of course you can. They could decide not to accept your withdrawal and continue investigating you but sometimes people have gotten away with withdrawing very late in the process so you should at least try it.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Leon said:
Yes, of course you can. They could decide not to accept your withdrawal and continue investigating you but sometimes people have gotten away with withdrawing very late in the process so you should at least try it.
[/quote

Ok. Thank you.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sir,

What happens if the concerned person is allowed entry but does not possess SIN card and he does not have valid PR. How can he open bank account, apply for driving licence or take up any employment

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjdua said:
Sir,

What happens if the concerned person is allowed entry but does not possess SIN card and he does not have valid PR. How can he open bank account, apply for driving licence or take up any employment
Opening a bank account should not be a problem. You do not need a SIN to open an account that is not interest bearing. Most provinces want to see proof of legal residency for a drivers license. However, I don't think that Ontario requires a valid PR card to get a license. I have heard in BC you can get a paper license.

Employment would be the hardest. If the person never bothered to apply for a SIN, the rules at Service Canada say that you can not get a SIN with a COPR that is older than 1 year. You can not legally work without a SIN because the employer needs it for tax purposes.

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi I need your help please

I did my landing with family October 4th 2016 , stayed 10 days and we left .

Am planning to go back and settle in June 2019.
Is that possible ? Will it raise any questions at immigration officer or am at safe side ?
Also is it allowed to stay outside canad for more than 6 months ina year ?

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
osti said:
Hi I need your help please

I did my landing with family October 4th 2016 , stayed 10 days and we left .

Am planning to go back and settle in June 2019.
Is that possible ? Will it raise any questions at immigration officer or am at safe side ?
Also is it allowed to stay outside canad for more than 6 months ina year ?

Thanks!
You are ok with that plan. There is no 6 months restriction.

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Thanks ! Do I need to inform cic that am out for extended time ? I read on cic website that we need to inform them if a PR intends to stay extended time outside canada ?

Thank you !

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
osti said:
Thanks ! Do I need to inform cic that am out for extended time ? I read on cic website that we need to inform them if a PR intends to stay extended time outside canada ?

Thank you !
No, you don't. Just as long as you comply with the residency obligation requirements, you are fine and IRCC doesn't care.

PROSnCONS

Nov 15, 2013
Hi dear Advisors;
First of all, Thanks a lot for your support and sharing your experience with everyone, which is really amazing hearted actions, not everyday noticed in nowadays world, God bless you all :)
I have a question.
I landed in May 2012 along with my family and stayed for couple of weeks and I just got my driving license after that, but my overall stay will not complete 35 days.
My PR gonna to expire within couple of months, and I wonder what options do I have here, which mainly concerns my kids who are less than 10 years old.
Is there any possibility to renew PRs (even for kids alone)?
Will there be any difference if we travel to Canada and try PR renewal while being there?
Will they allow us to enter to canada?
Please advise.