PR card Expires before the 730 days required

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nassa said:
Hello Leon
Thanks for your condolences it's sad CA ND heart breaking but life has to go on .....

The front of my PR card reads ....
My date of birth.....
Just below that it reads...
Expiry
27 JUN / JUIN 17

at the back of my card it reads. .....
PR since 24 04 2014 TORONTO. ...
now in regards to my IHOP I called then and spoke to a person CA ND informed him that I was out of Canada for over a year and he said that it would be considered fraud but since it's not cancelled I should go to the OHIP office and inform them of my change of address or change my to my new address on line....

So now when I apply for my extention will they revoke or what are my TV chances for renewal
Thanks again

Nassa, you keep mentioning my name although I was not even replying to you so I figure I should write something.

If you stay in Canada now, your first 5 years as a PR will look like this:

24.04.12 to 11.05.12 = 18 days
19.01.14 to 11.08.14 = 205 days
06.03.16 to 23.04.17 = 414 days

So that means you have 637 days and are 93 days short of meeting the RO (residency obligations) in your first 5 years.

You should NOT apply to renew your PR card until you meet the RO again.
Currently you are in Canada and there is no danger to your PR unless you leave and try to re-enter again.
Each time you enter Canada, they examine your status and you risk to get reported and could lose your PR.

Now, in order to stay longer in order to meet the RO, you have to keep in mind that they only look at a 5 year period so after your 5 years as a PR, the days you spent in 2012 start to move out the 5 year window and will not be counted. Hence, if you don't leave Canada now, you will meet the RO again around mid-August 2017.

DO NOT apply to renew your PR card until you meet the RO again.
DO NOT apply to renew your PR card as soon as you have your 730 days.
Give it a buffer and apply to renew no earlier than end of August 2017.

There is NO RISK to your PR status just because your PR card expires as long as you stay in Canada.

As for OHIP, you have to deal with them. Go to their office, tell them how long you were gone. Tell them you did not realize you had to notify them. Ask their forgiveness and say you are back to stay now. It is possible that you have to re-do the 3 month waiting period. Maybe you will have some back charges for what they paid for you if anything while you were not covered.

Salo60

Feb 11, 2016
PR expires after 740 days

Good day Dear Advisers ladies & gents,

i did my landing with family on 30 April 2013, i've stayed for one week, i got my PR which will expire on 29 June 2018 .. i'm going back for good on 19 June 2016 after 42 days from now..

Do u think i have any issues ? i'm staying 740 days out of the 5 years... just to confirm.
Also at the airport when i reach on 20 June , do u think there will be any issues?

Many thanks for answering & clarifying to me.

Salo

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PR expires after 740 days

Salo60 said:

i did my landing with family on 30 April 2013, i've stayed for one week, i got my PR which will expire on 29 June 2018 .. i'm going back for good on 19 June 2016 after 42 days from now..

Do u think i have any issues ? i'm staying 740 days out of the 5 years... just to confirm.
Also at the airport when i reach on 20 June , do u think there will be any issues?

Salo
You have a problem because you will not meet the RO for your first 5 year period counting from April 30th 2013 until April 29th 2018 so you could get reported on entry. If they ask you when you left Canada (I guess May 6th or 7th 2013 if you stayed one week) they realize you were outside Canada for more than 3 years. You are allowed to be outside Canada for max 1094 days. Otherwise you can not meet the RO of 730 days in 5 years.

If they don't report you on entry, you will be ok though. Just don't try to sponsor anybody, don't leave Canada and don't try to renew your PR card until you have already stayed in Canada for 2 years straight.

Salo60

Feb 11, 2016
Hi Leon,

Thank you for the reply, however my question is that i can still enter Canada, do they have the right to tell me not to enter ?

Even if they report me, i'm being sincere, i had to stay out for personal reasons, pls tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Rgds,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salo60 said:
Hi Leon,

Thank you for the reply, however my question is that i can still enter Canada, do they have the right to tell me not to enter ?

Even if they report me, i'm being sincere, i had to stay out for personal reasons, pls tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Rgds,
They can not deny you entry. If they report you, you will have to appeal based on your reasons. If they consider your reasons good enough, you keep your PR. Personal reasons like not wanting to give up a good job or studies are not considered good reasons while taking care of a sick parent or grandparent is.

Salo60

Feb 11, 2016
Thanks again, if I may ask that I still have more than 2 complete years on safe side within my PR expiry date,
This will not be taken in consideration from the officer at airport ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Salo60 said:
Thanks again, if I may ask that I still have more than 2 complete years on safe side within my PR expiry date,
The expiry date on the PR card counts for nothing when it comes to meeting the Residency Obligation. The 5 year clock started the day you landed, so you will not meet the RO when you return.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salo60 said:
Irrelevant. The expiry date of the card has nothing to do with the RO. You have to meet the RO for your first 5 years as a PR as well as in any rolling 5 year period after that. What may be taken into account by the officer that you landed just a little over 3 years ago and they may not know how long you stayed after your landing. What may be taken into account is that you are only a few days short. However, if you get an immigration officer who is in a bad mood or who is detailed and follows the rules to a T or who simply does not like your attitude, you can get reported.

Payal Sahi

May 31, 2016
Hello

I want to ask about PR , My PR is expiring on 9th May 2017 I got My PR on 9th May 2012, From 2012 till 2015 I have visited Canada 4 Times because of some reason or another I had to leave Canada. At a stretch i lived in Canada for 60 Days.
My Question is If I go to Canada Now,
1.Will I be able to renew my PR. If I stay continuously there for Almost Two Years.
2. Can they deny my entry to Canada
3. Can I stay in Canada after expired PR Card
4. The Important fact is that in 2014 I had to come back from Canada because of my father's health because he got detected with Cancer. As i am the Only Son so I have to take care for his health by the grace of God now he is fine.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Payal Sahi said:
Hello

I want to ask about PR , My PR is expiring on 9th May 2017 I got My PR on 9th May 2012, From 2012 till 2015 I have visited Canada 4 Times because of some reason or another I had to leave Canada. At a stretch i lived in Canada for 60 Days.
My Question is If I go to Canada Now,
1.Will I be able to renew my PR. If I stay continuously there for Almost Two Years.
2. Can they deny my entry to Canada
3. Can I stay in Canada after expired PR Card
4. The Important fact is that in 2014 I had to come back from Canada because of my father's health because he got detected with Cancer. As i am the Only Son so I have to take care for his health by the grace of God now he is fine.
1. You need to stay until a time that you have at least 730 days in Canada in the past 5 years. Depending on when you spent your time in Canada, some of your days will move outside the window of the 5 years. Worst case, you have to stay for 2 full years before you apply.

2. No, they can not deny you entry to Canada but if they suspect or come to know that you do not meet the RO (residency obligation), they can report you which starts a process to revoke your PR. You can appeal this.

3. Yes, there is no law against staying in Canada with an expired PR card.

4. If you have to appeal you can use your fathers illness as an excuse but you need to prove with medical records and doctors statements that he was ill and that you were taking care of him.

Payal Sahi

May 31, 2016
At Airport What they Chq, More then 1092 Days Out from Country or Simply they are having an update of How many days You Stayed in Canada.

One more Question When You can Apply for Humanitarian Ground is tehre any specific time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Payal Sahi said:
At Airport What they Chq, More then 1092 Days Out from Country or Simply they are having an update of How many days You Stayed in Canada.

One more Question When You can Apply for Humanitarian Ground is tehre any specific time.
The RO for a PR who landed less than 5 years ago is that you have not spent 1095 days or longer outside of Canada since you landed. They will have records of your entries. Exits they may or may not have. If they suspect that you don't meet the RO, they may ask you directly or ask you some questions to determine that.

You can not apply for H&C grounds ahead of time. If you get reported, they will tell you how to appeal and you must appeal within 30 days.

Payal Sahi

May 31, 2016
Hello Leon,

According to My Circumstances I won't be able to go to Canada as My Father is Not Feeling Well. As I am Only Son So I have to take care.
Can I apply for Humanitarian Ground for the extension of PR-Card

Ghassan.sultan

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
IELTS Request
Overall 6/9 (10/16)
File Transfer...
27-07-2011
Med's Request
22/01/2012
Interview........
No
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
Dalboy1980 said:
Hi Leon

I'll keep it simple and quick, myself and my wife Landed in March 2012, stayed for 3 days and left, now due to family reasons (caring and soe other issues) have been unable to return until we wish to now in March/April 2016, ok so not got enough days......

I know it's the luck of the draw but woudl you recommend avoiding the kiosks? And at POE when asked by Officer to be 100% truthful as to length of absence and why?

We are professionals and would want to come and stay and contribute, but obviously it's our fault and haven't helped by not returning earlier.....I guess this is last chance saloon to start a new life in Canada....any help woudl be most appreciated!

Cheers
Dal (UK)
Hi Dal,
Can you please update us about your case , my situation is similar to yours.
I hope everything went well. But had you been reported on your entry to Canada?

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Re: PR expires after 740 days

Salo60 said:

Salo
so what is the update dear
share ur experience