+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD EXPIRED!!

Alan10

Jun 26, 2017
Hello !!

I am Travelling to the US on Vacation on July 7-19 problem is my PR card expires on June 04.I have started the application for the card renewal but I am waiting on it to be processed.Question is will I have any problem re-entering Canada on a private vehicle

Sincerely

Alan

geniusmag

May 30, 2017
CIC Link above mentions documents required to prove identity and Canadian Citizenship. It does not specifically say what document can be used to establish Canadian PR when the PR Card itself had expired and one is entering in a private vehicle from US.

Can I use my home country passport - which does not say anywhere that I am Canadian PR. All I have is my home country passport and SIN ( which I think never expires ). Is that going to be enough to determine my eligibility to enter Canada from US in a private vehicle ?

I do not have any documents from the list below:
Acceptable documents to denote identity and/or citizenship
If you do not have a passport, and are returning to Canada, the following documents can denote identity and/or citizenship:

• NEXUS card, held by a Canadian citizen, when entering Canada by air (when coming from the U.S.), land, or marine modes
    • FAST card (Free and Secure Trade), issued to a Canadian citizen (when arriving by land or marine modes only)
    • Canadian Emergency Travel Document
    • Canadian Temporary Passport
    • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (issued from 1954 to present)
    • Enhanced Driver's License issued by a Canadian province or territory
    • Enhanced Identification/Photo Card issued by a Canadian province or territory