+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card expired 3 years ago...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
“The length of time that has passed since a PR's status card has expired might (only might) have some influence in the extent of scrutiny given to their application for a new PR card, but that would be about a circumstance triggering a closer look, NOT a factor to be considered in determining whether the person is a PR eligible to be issued a new PR card.”

I am concern with regards to your comment that they might revoke her status because the length of time her pr card expired has passed.
If as you have described above she has been in Canada almost all of this time, there is NO issue and should be no risk of refusal or revocation. It means they might take a bit longer to check because no current card/no recent files. I bolded the relevant part above: NOT a factor in eligibility.

I actually wanted to apply for both so she has proper valid documentation. Will it pose negative matter if she apply pr card renewal during the process of her citizenship?
Repeat, no, not a negative. Apply for one or both or none as you prefer. My suggestion would be both.

Reactions: Pitaklan

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I actually wanted to apply for both so she has proper valid documentation. Will it pose negative matter if she apply pr card renewal during the process of her citizenship?
I am concern with regards to your comment that they might revoke her status because the length of time her pr card expired has passed.
I do not mean to be rude, but my post clearly addressed both of these.

I clearly said, for example, that among the options a PR can choose is to do BOTH, apply for a new PR card and for citizenship.

And I clearly stated: "The fact that the PR card expired three years previous should NOT affect whether the application for a new PR card is successful."

Lots of things can trigger increased scrutiny. But unless there are grounds for determining a PR is inadmissible, there is no basis for revoking a PR's status.

Reactions: Pitaklan

Pitaklan

Mar 21, 2024
Toronto
If as you have described above she has been in Canada almost all of this time, there is NO issue and should be no risk of refusal or revocation. It means they might take a bit longer to check because no current card/no recent files. I bolded the relevant part above: NOT a factor in eligibility.

Repeat, no, not a negative. Apply for one or both or none as you prefer. My suggestion would be both.
Thank you.
Is not renewing PR card a part of non compliance act?

Pitaklan

Mar 21, 2024
Toronto
I do not mean to be rude, but my post clearly addressed both of these.

I clearly said, for example, that among the options a PR can choose is to do BOTH, apply for a new PR card and for citizenship.

And I clearly stated: "The fact that the PR card expired three years previous should NOT affect whether the application for a new PR card is successful."

Lots of things can trigger increased scrutiny. But unless there are grounds for determining a PR is inadmissible, there is no basis for revoking a PR's status.
Thanks
Last question
Not renewing pr card (on time) is it part of non compliance act?

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you.
Is not renewing PR card a part of non compliance act?
Lord, please reread the thread, this information has been repeated here multiple times. No, you are not required to have a PR card. You are not 'non-compliant' with anything for not having one. It may be a tiny bit unusual (like not having a driver's license in some places) but nothing wrong with it.

Pitaklan

Mar 21, 2024
Toronto
Lord, please reread the thread, this information has been repeated here multiple times. No, you are not required to have a PR card. You are not 'non-compliant' with anything for not having one. It may be a tiny bit unusual (like not having a driver's license in some places) but nothing wrong with it.
Thanks and thats about all my inquiry