+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card collection

Jason03

May 15, 2017
Hi

In a previous post I was directed to some useful information advising that it would be ok to put my application in to renew my PR while visiting Canada as I currently live in Australia. I have since received notification from the Permanent Resident Card Centre that I am now able to schedule an appointment for the collection of my PR card.

While I will be returning to Canada on a holiday to visit family, I intend on making my appointment to coincide with this trip. I am just interested to know what to expect during the appointment? Is it just a matter of picking up my PR card, or should I expect some further questioning?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and is able to share their experience or some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: bhavik7546

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
When you go to pick up your PR card, you have to take along your passport ( s), old and current for the previous 5 year period and any other relevant documents relating to your work such as pay stubs, rent agreements , utility bills etc, travel records etc.
The officer will check and confirm the information which you gave in your PR Card renewal application against the documents above. Once he / she is satisfied then they will give you the PR card.

jambo1920

Nov 22, 2017
Hi

In a previous post I was directed to some useful information advising that it would be ok to put my application in to renew my PR while visiting Canada as I currently live in Australia. I have since received notification from the Permanent Resident Card Centre that I am now able to schedule an appointment for the collection of my PR card.

While I will be returning to Canada on a holiday to visit family, I intend on making my appointment to coincide with this trip. I am just interested to know what to expect during the appointment? Is it just a matter of picking up my PR card, or should I expect some further questioning?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and is able to share their experience or some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Normally they send you letter with appointment date. But if you can’t make it no problem you must pick up in 6 months. For me wen I went to pick up, they looked at my passport and wife passports and marriage certificate.

Jason03

May 15, 2017
Thank you for the information. If you don’t mind me asking, were you returning to Canada on holiday when you picked up your card?

Thanks again