+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card application

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Thank you for your reply.I got a COPR email and it asks me to send a photo and COPR letter copy to Hamilton office.
Hamilton IRCC is probably worst in Canada. I mean to scare you or anything but saying. BTW they don't send any notification regarding that, you can send webform and ask. I sent mine to Hamilton IRCC and of course Canada Post messed up and took them 9 days to deliver when it was supposed to be 1 day. I sent webform asking to confirm they go the package and they say they don't have them in system and thats after one month. I don't even care anymore.

Reactions: Giovanna024

gihandee

May 30, 2018
I finally got my photos, in the information letter I received, they have asked me to send the picture and the COPR with it to get the PR card. I have few questions though

1. Should I sign the COPR before sending it ?
2. Can I send mine and wife's both in the same envelop ?

Thank you !

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,

Sharing my experience with you...

I signed the IRCC copy and send it. I keep the client's copy. Likewise, together with my wife's COPR and photo we just used 1 envelop.

I received my PR card first and after almost 2 weeks my wife got her PR card. We send it 3rd week of May and i received mine mid of July.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Cheers!

ngisa

May 22, 2020
Hamilton IRCC is probably worst in Canada. I mean to scare you or anything but saying. BTW they don't send any notification regarding that, you can send webform and ask. I sent mine to Hamilton IRCC and of course Canada Post messed up and took them 9 days to deliver when it was supposed to be 1 day. I sent webform asking to confirm they go the package and they say they don't have them in system and thats after one month. I don't even care anymore.
I think you are right bro. I sent them the webform and they said they don't have it in the system, but Canadapost said it's been delivered. lol

BIA7

Aug 3, 2020
I also gave my lawyer’s address in Calgary for PR Card mailing. Which worked just fine. I sent a prepaid Fedex envelope to my lawyer so her office was able to mail it to me in the US when it arrived.

It took 3 months for my PR card processing because I had to resubmit my passport photo after two months in. I got my card approved and mailed just before covid shutdown. It took 2 weeks from “Approved” status on CIC until card arrived at my lawyer’s. Then with Fedex it was only one day until I received the card in Seattle.

Is it allowed to courier PR cards across countries. I heard they get suspended.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Just got a ghost update. Nothing changed, anyone knows what first ghost update means.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Hi bro. Just wondering that what is a ghost update? How do you know about it? Thanks.
When your application status says "Application updated" but there is no actual change that's ghost update. Normally you get it when there is changes to your application but you don't know what change.

For PR every ghost update usually mean something, but there is not a lot of information for PR card application. Could potentially mean application is approved cause there is not other steps here.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
just an update:

Got my PR card application approved.

Doc Sent : July 1st
Doc Recieved : July 10th (Canada post messed up)
Application Approved : 10th August

Reactions: Wallyb